Gibsonburg (NW Ohio) Appleseed Shoots Announced

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Gibsonburg (NW Ohio) Appleseed Shoots Announced

Post by MeanStreaker »

Gibsonburg events have been formally announced on the Project Appleseed schedule and pre-registration is available!

April 25-26
May 23 & 24
July 25-26
August 22-23
September 26-27

Women, Children under 21, and active Military shoot free!

Directions and site/lodging information can be found by clicking here. Please note one change from last year:
Range Fee: A $15.00 range fee per person has been requested by the Sandusky County Sportsman's Club. This is a one time fee for the weekend and applies whether the registration is for a one day admittance or for the full two day weekend event. This fee, however, is waived for youth under the age of 21, women, and active military.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Gibsonburg (NW Ohio) Appleseed Shoots Announced

Post by JU-87 »

Thank you!
I will attend on one of these dates.
It's a great programe,I recommend it to all. I was at this one last summer,what a nice facility.
I don't mind the "cover charge" a bit.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
dclaarjr

Post by dclaarjr »

I will be good for at least one of these, hopefully more.

I went to one here last year and had a great time.
NRA Certified Instructor for Basic Handgun and Personal Protection.
OFCC Member
4 County Conservation Club Member
US Army Veteran
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

I'm definitely instructing there in May. Most likely the ones after that as well.

See you there!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

To point out the Campground regs. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5406.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rather gracious of them considering that they cannot prohibit firearms on gorvenment owned property!
Now firearms are PROHIBITED .....BUT....I told them nature of the program and it is ok to take your rifles in with you. keep them in your cars however and be discreet about it and there won't be any problems. Campers perhaps you should clean your rifles at the range at the end of the day. I'm sorry about this but this is the ONLY primitive site that is close by and I know we are all good citizens
http://www.scpd-parks.org/whitestar.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Abandon ye all HOPE!
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Good point, Cruiser. I didn't even read that info page when I linked to it. I would think any regulation they have would be null and void with preemption.
dclaarjr

Post by dclaarjr »

Cruiser wrote:To point out the Campground regs. http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5406.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rather gracious of them considering that they cannot prohibit firearms on gorvenment owned property!
Now firearms are PROHIBITED .....BUT....I told them nature of the program and it is ok to take your rifles in with you. keep them in your cars however and be discreet about it and there won't be any problems. Campers perhaps you should clean your rifles at the range at the end of the day. I'm sorry about this but this is the ONLY primitive site that is close by and I know we are all good citizens
http://www.scpd-parks.org/whitestar.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is a campground about 5 miles away I can get some info for in the Spring when they start running the office again. It isn't much further than White Star from the range.
NRA Certified Instructor for Basic Handgun and Personal Protection.
OFCC Member
4 County Conservation Club Member
US Army Veteran
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

I hope to make it to one of the Gibsonburg shoots this year. It's a shorter drive for me than Minerva, though I would miss my buds over there. The photos of the place looked real nice last year.
The British are going! The British are going!
charben
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by charben »

MeanStreaker wrote:I'm definitely instructing there in May. Most likely the ones after that as well.

See you there!
That seems to be a reason to make it to the April event! ;)
Chris

Crushing the First Amendment, one post at a time!

"If you walk out of your house carrying your gun (openly or otherwise) and you DO NOT fully understand the law, then you are NOT completely armed..."
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

charben wrote:
MeanStreaker wrote:I'm definitely instructing there in May. Most likely the ones after that as well.

See you there!
That seems to be a reason to make it to the April event! ;)
Ouch. I guess I now have a new summer project....... Stalking Charben. :)
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

With that many dates, I should be able to make at least one!
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

We're thinking of coming in August. Our 20th wedding anniversary is early Aug, and we have been trying to think what to do special for it. This is the front-runner at the moment.

Most people I know want to go on cruises or fancy things for big anniversaries. I must be a redneck or something, wanting to come to this, and probably primitive camp, to boot.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

What about the April, Vienna Ohio, shoot when will it be announced? thanks.
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Bersa45 wrote:What about the April, Vienna Ohio, shoot when will it be announced? thanks.
Sorry, Bersa, I'm not sure when it will go up officially, but I imagine any minute now. I haven't heard of a hold up and know that several instructors are signed up for it. Sometimes, unfortunately, it's just waiting for the volunteers to get the paperwork submitted to the head Admin people in California and North Carolina.
Peacemaker

Post by Peacemaker »

I have confirmed just confirmed registrations for my 2 sons and myself for April. Hope to see a few of you there.
Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

-- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

Proud Member OFCC, NRA, and Sandusky County Sportsman Club