MOLLE II backpacks

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Thug Hunter

MOLLE II backpacks

Post by Thug Hunter »

I took the plunge and bought a bunch (two pallets full) from DRMO, which means USGI surplus. That means I am required to advise it can be transferred to only US citizens or permanent resident aliens and can not be exported without permission from the State Department.

All are woodland camo pattern. The ones that had labels indicated they came from a USMC Reserve communications unit in Indiana.

I will check all straps and buckles before shipping at actual cost. It looks like shipping in Ohio will be $6 for the box, and roughly $15 to send it, so around $20-$21. Payment by USPS money order. For face to face in Central Ohio (don't anybody make me regret this) I'll bring several and let you pick and pay cash.

$40: Like new, if they were used, it wasn't much. Frame, main pack, sleeping system carrier, 2 sustainment (side) pouches, and internal radio pouch. Almost out

$35: Definitely used. A little faded, some scratches on the frame. Some have tape residue, others have magic marker names on them. I'll send the best of these first. Some, if not all of these, went to Iraq. I even found a ziplock bag of 250 dinar notes (Iraqi money) in one. Frame, main pack, sleeping system carrier, 2 sustainment (side) pouches, and internal radio pouch. Dinar not included.

$25: Definitely used. No side pouches.

Please note;patrol packs are all spoken for

$5: Waist pack. Definitely used. Can be attached to the back of the main pack, or be worn seperately.

$5: Bandolier. Most like new, some used. I'll sell the nice ones first, and update if I get to the used ones. Holds 6 M16 magazines, without magpuls. Will snap into the claymore pocket on the back of the large pack. almost out

Please note; ALICE to MOLLE adapters are all spoken for
Last edited by Thug Hunter on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Luckily, I keep my feathers numbered, for just such an emergency."- Foghorn Leghorn

"You can't arrest somebody for that. The most you can do is mace him and let him get away."- Thug Hunter
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: MOLLE II backpacks

Post by OldManTod »

Dibs on the patrol pack.

Where exactly is central ohio? Westerville?

T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
dan dan the XD40 man

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Tod,
If you meet with him FTF, please LMK if you'll be so kind as to pick me up one of the 40 dollar jobbies.
Poop!
elricfate

Post by elricfate »

I'd definitely like to know where you're at, as I'm extremely interested in one of the $40 packs, a day pack, a bandolier, and a waist pack, all together.

How far are you from Gahanna?
Last edited by elricfate on Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sylord

Post by Sylord »

I'm interested in one of the $40 ones also.

Where is Central Ohio, or will you be hitting any gun shows? Dayton is comming up again and I will be up there.

Im on the river, so Central is anything above Cincinnati to me.
Oxmarqt

Post by Oxmarqt »

TH,

I would like to purchase one if the $40 packs. I am in Hilliard so I know we are close!! Send me a PM on how you would like to meet.

Oxmarqt
Signatures and Avatars removed so as not to offend anyone or convey any type of personal opinion. You may now continue with your forum participation without any further interruption.
skrewloose

Post by skrewloose »

want a $40 .... provide location info

thnx
-Kevin
"skrewloose"
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

skrewloose wrote:want a $40 .... provide location info

thnx
Common problem being discussed elsewhere! Seller making it hard to relate to his location. This discourages sales. And make dealing difficult.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Cruiser wrote:
skrewloose wrote:want a $40 .... provide location info

thnx
Common problem being discussed elsewhere! Seller making it hard to relate to his location. This discourages sales. And make dealing difficult.

The guy is a LEO, I understand his need for discretion. :wink:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Sylord

Post by Sylord »

Discretion is fine, but if you want to sell, at least a general idea of location is fine. I don't think anyone wants him to openly post his home address and phone number, but then again, Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus or even Timbuktu would be nice.

If "Thug Hunter" in "Timbuktu" is giving too much information away, then I must be missing something because that does not tell me much.. He lists a link to a web site in Wisconsin for Police/Military Snipers. If nothing more, the average person might think he is located in Wisconsin. Putting the two together then "Thug Hunter" does suggest a police officer or military sniper, but then again, if he says Dayton, would someone go hunt down every police officer in Dayton...And if they want to, tell me why so I know if I would want to deal with him and let him know my address or phone number...

All people can be crooked, be it the common citizen, the police officer, or more often than not the politician.

+Quit being so paranoid.
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

I can comment in general in response. Its a little different for some short, overweight, bald middle aged redneck make a screen name called oldmantod and post a location - I mean after all, what does my employer or the public care about my 2@ or firearms rights battle - however when your check is paid by folks who sometimes take exceptions to what we do and to also include the POTENTIAL that somebody COULD be providing inside inforamation and their risk is a bit more elevated. I am stating my opinion on most the LEO that are here.

Plus - if it was a necessity to put a location, the guys would figure out a way to make that mandatory, but for now its optional and you can always PM TH and find out what's up.

I dont know if this specifically is the case, but there is a guy who hasnt posted here in a couple years that was LEO and when we had lunch he expressed that exact same sentiment. He was a real wiseguy, he would pull his cruiser up to my vehicle at work and sit there with his lights on until somebody came to tell me that the 5-0 was going to be towing my vehicle or something.

/thread drift off
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
shooterwolf

Post by shooterwolf »

Thug Hunter,

I'm in on a $40. pack. FTF in Columbus is fine. P.M. sent.

Shooterwolf.
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

Any chance of a photo?
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sabalo »

**Hint,hint**

TH,

You could come to our Holiday Meet & Greet, Dec.13, and complete your face to face deals there. :lol:

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
Thug Hunter

Post by Thug Hunter »

Well, I figured Central Ohio was a general area. The closest large city is Columbus. One member will be at the Westland mall gun show on January 3/4, and I will meet him there. I can meet other people there, too. I will be out of state with the military from Thursday 12-4 until Monday night 12-8. I probably won't have email during that time. I'll get with the locals next week, and will start delivering then.

I am indeed reluctant to post an exact location because of my work. Thanks to those who understand. If that is a deal killer for you, that's okay, I understand. I would be wary of sending a money order to someone at, say, a mail box in one of those store front places.

I believe I have responded to each PM sent to me, but may have been outsmarted by this computer. If you sent me a PM and I didn't get back to you, please try again.

A couple of links to the same type of gear are below. I don't know how to hot link, so you'll have to cut and paste

Waist pack: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=467708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Main pack: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=486094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Patrol pack: http://cgi.ebay.com/U-S-MILITARY-SURPLU ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried the preview function, and it looks like it may have hot linked automatically.

edited to add: Sabalo, that was a really good hint. I just cleared it with HouseHold6, and barring unforeseen circumstances, it appears I will be attending the Columbus meet and greet on the 13th. If you are interested, let me know. I'm getting low on patrol packs and bandoliers.
"Luckily, I keep my feathers numbered, for just such an emergency."- Foghorn Leghorn

"You can't arrest somebody for that. The most you can do is mace him and let him get away."- Thug Hunter