WTS: Molon Labe Vinyl Decals

All other items can be listed here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArcherAce

WTS: Molon Labe Vinyl Decals

Post by ArcherAce »

For those who are not familiar with the phrase:
At the Battle of Thermopylae 300 Spartans faced Xerxes Persia army. Vastly outnumbered, Xerxes reportedly told the Spartan king, Leonidas, to lay down their weapons. Leonidas replied "Molon labe", meaning "come take them". If you've seen the movie 300, you know how things turned out. :D It's easy to see how this saying relates to RKBA.

Oh, it's pronounced Moo-lone La-vee.

I purchased some molon labe decals last year. I put them on my cars, my bike, and handed the rest of them out to friends and family. I went into my desk to get one for my new Jeep, and realized that I had given them all away. The online source that I had originally purchased them from is no longer making them, so I had a local guy with a vinyl cutter make me some. 100 to be exact. Needless to say I have extras.

The decals are 10" long and 1" wide. They only come in white

I'm selling these for $3.25 each, shipped. I put together this page to sell them.

If you'd like to purchase one with a money order, my address is listed on web page.

Last edited by ArcherAce on Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."
dan dan the XD40 man

Re: Molon Labe Vinyl Decals

Post by dan dan the XD40 man »

Is your Paypal a business or personal account?
Poop!
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

dan dan the XD40 man wrote:Is your Paypal a business or personal account?
business I believe. I've had if forever.

Guys, don't forget to drop me an email or at least a PM telling what forum your order came from!
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

I just donated $15 online to OFCC for decals sold. The donation order number is 6396

I sold 11 of them here, but figured they charge OFCC to process the online donation. So I kicked in a few bucks.

Thanks guys!
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Are all of them gone, or no?
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

jeep45238 wrote:Are all of them gone, or no?
Plenty left
BigV

Post by BigV »

Thanks ArcherAce !
Sent money (cash ) on Friday, received the decals today.
They are nice and for $3.25 each, you can't beat the price.
Looks good on the back window of my Suburban too!
BigV
DGMilty
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by DGMilty »

Besides issues with PayPal (my account was compromised last month by Skype) I received my stickers in a few days after placing the order. When I get the rest of the car washed, I might post a picture. While waiting in the car while my wife went into a CPZ yesterday, there were several people who just stopped and looked at the ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ on the back of the car! There was one guy who looked at it and appeared to tell his family what it meant.

Thanks, ArcherAce
visit my good friends at SWCDeals.com
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Thanks from me also, ArcherAce. I just ordered two. I've been wanting something like this for a while. No time better than now. Obama comin' ya know.
“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds”-Sam Adams

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
- Mark Twain, Notebook, 1935
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Paypal is straightened out, DGM.

I have your order, Bird and will get it out in the morning mail.
tjeffries

Post by tjeffries »

Just ordered five, looks like I'd better be brushing up on the history of the Battle of Thermopylae before they arrive :lol:
"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive?"-- Alexander Solzhenitzyn, Gulag Archipelago

To paraphrase George Santayana, those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.barefootsworld.net/tripwire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DGMilty
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by DGMilty »

Washed the car, put another one on the front windshield, but no picture yet! Looks good there too!
visit my good friends at SWCDeals.com
1911nut

Post by 1911nut »

I forgot to post when I got mine. Very quick!

I still haven't put one on yet though :oops: will be doing that before it gets too cold though.

Archer have you ever done decals on a window professionally? I was told by a pro, the best way to do this is to get the window hot/warm (if you can get a hair dryer out to it that will do the trick, if not start the car with the windows up and put a coat or something over the area with the defroster on(if windshield)and let it get good and warm)and clean, then put a mix of soap and water on the window (I know this sounds crazy), apply decal and move where necessary, then let dry. It'll stick like there is no tomorrow, you'll need a razor blade to get it off. This also allows you to "work" the air bubbles out with out compromising the decal. The only issue I see is the size of the decal and depending on how stuck they are to the clear that could be an issue, I'll find out when I get mine done in the next day or two.

Any questions feel free to PM me guys.

A.
But what do I know, I'm just a high school educated security officer.
Skull

Post by Skull »

ArcherAce wrote: Leonidas replied "Molon labe", meaning "come take them".
The phrase in Greek actually uses a verb tense that we don't have in English, and the translation is more like "you will have had to come and take them".

In effect, it is an acknowledgment that he and his men will lose the coming battle, but they will not surrender. Although a bleaker sentiment, in many ways I like it better.
ArcherAce

Post by ArcherAce »

Skull wrote:
ArcherAce wrote: Leonidas replied "Molon labe", meaning "come take them".
The phrase in Greek actually uses a verb tense that we don't have in English, and the translation is more like "you will have had to come and take them".
This came up on another forum. He's my reply
I've a read a number of different arguments regarding what is the "correct" translation. The way it appears on the decal is the accepted English spelling. The translation is loose. The spirit of the phrase, however, is the same.
Technically, you are correct, Skull.