Applied in Clermont County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dirtdawg

Applied in Clermont County

Post by dirtdawg »

I applied for my Ohio License to Carry a Concealed Handgun in Clermont County on March 27. I received a call that it was ready on April 15- so about a 19 day wait. They said it could be picked up 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Very cool. The duty personnel were very courteous.

When I picked my license up last evening, the deputy informed me that I should laminate the card or keep it in the protective sleeve-
Any advice here? It seems to be the same basic manufacture as my driver license which holds up fine. In consideration of the high cost of the application, I would have expected something that could hold up until 2013...

All in all, I'm glad all the ducks finally lined up.
Dirtdawg
NRA Member, Clinton County Farmer's and Sportsmen Association Director
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, NRA Certified Instructor; Home Firearm Safety, Pistol, PPITH
jeffkirchner
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Applied in Clermont County

Post by jeffkirchner »

I kept my original in the paper sleeve throughout it's life (it looks as good as it did the day I got it) and intend to do that with my renewal. I've read a lot of reports that CHLs that weren't protected transferred their ink to whatever else they were kept in (e.g vinyl photo sleeve in a wallet).
The early-bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
mreising

Post by mreising »

If you do not laminate it, keep it in the Tyvek sleeve, the photo, and probably the printing, will wear out. Driver's Licenses (permits? :wink: ) have an extra layer laminated over the printed side. My original photo started looking like Little Orphan Annie, no eyes-just big open circles, after about a year. Use a good quality laminating film rather than packing tape, it will last longer as it is not as soft as many of the clear packing tapes.
The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny

Mark
NRA Training Counselor-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Reloading, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Chief RSO. NRA Endowment Life member.
OHBandit

Post by OHBandit »

Still waiting to get mine but I had no idea they weren't laminated. My Florida CHL is laminted just like a driver's license.
jabeatty

Re: Applied in Clermont County

Post by jabeatty »

dirtdawg wrote:I applied for my Ohio License to Carry a Concealed Handgun in Clermont County on March 27.
Bravo, dirtdawg!
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.