CPZ workaround

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

charles1198

Post by charles1198 »

tommcnaughton wrote:I'm a friend of Bill's...
:D

I've been to Bob's house, and I'm friends with a lot of Bill's friends.
ArmorMax

Post by ArmorMax »

Just brushed up on the AG CCW book... federal buildings and leased buildings. Nothing on parking lots. Schools are the only places I know of or posted premises.
Why CCW?
New Orleans, Tacoma WA Mall, Toledo Riots, Toledo Riots take 2?... more to come
ghiapaul

Post by ghiapaul »

Post Office parking lots are not posted for customers. However, employees may not have a firearm in their vehicle in the parking lot. That's why I parked in the street before I retired.
Scott

Re: CPZ workaround

Post by Scott »

dan_sayers wrote:
Still, I was dissatisfied of my answer of "Nothing." to the question of "What did you do." I thought maybe there was a discrete way to hint without being obvious that I overlooked. Not that I'm trying to broadcast that I'm carrying, but rather to let those who might be timid on the subject know that average joe schmoe IS carrying and that that's a beautiful thing. So I submit to you lot to see what you might have done in such a situation.
Simply shake your head while stating matter of factly: "Sorry, I'm not permitted."

Its the absolute truth (but they won't know why) and is enough of an explanation that should satisfy their curiosity. No reason to lie and pile your troubles up.

If they really won't leave it alone you could reiterate that you are not allowed and you would rather not say why, and would just prefer to get on with your next delivery.

If you absolutely can't get away without an explanation, tell them that you carry cash and are by necessity, armed. Being armed, you are not allowed by law to enter a bar. End of discussion.

You really don't need to impress a drunk. Everything I've suggested should be a dead end for further discussion with them.

I could be wrong...
Blip!
Ursus americanus
*** Banned ***

Post by Ursus americanus »

Scott wrote:Simply shake your head while stating matter of factly: "Sorry, I'm not permitted."

Its the absolute truth (but they won't know why) and is enough of an explanation that should satisfy their curiosity. No reason to lie and pile your troubles up.
Never made it to page 2 of this thread did you Scott? :P
Ursus Americanus wrote:How about a simple "I apologize but I'm not permitted to make deliveries in an establishment that serves alcohol". It is not a lie, it IS the truth and it does not lead to any assumptions except you are not permitted to do so. They will likely "assume" that it is a company policy and probably leave it go at that.
:lol:

Say, since you and I think so much alike and live close (I'm near Tuttle Mall) we should have a "Meet and Greet" over coffee some time.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Ursus americanus wrote: Never made it to page 2 of this thread did you Scott? :P
DOH!!

Now y'all know why I chose Homer (in his new zooty OFCC shirt he expected to pick up at the hearing today, but missed out on cuz he was late) as my avitar. I honestly did not see the 2nd page! Musta been late or sumpin...

Hey American Bear, PM me--I'll PM you for the meet up---I'm off the rest of the week; I could go tomorrow...

Addendum: I never did get my OFCC shirt...
Last edited by Scott on Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blip!
2Fast4You

Post by 2Fast4You »

I don't know who this Bill guy is but i've been know to hang with Jim, Jack and Jose
We must carry arms because we value our lives and those of our loved ones, because we will not be dealt with by force or threat of force, and do not live at the pleasure and discretion of the lawless."
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

2Fast4You wrote:I don't know who this Bill guy is but i've been know to hang with Jim, Jack and Jose
In this state Sam Colt doesn't hang with Jim, Jack, or Jose...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

NO WAY JOSE!! U know him too?????
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

Next time, tell him that you have Poinephobia, that should stop him in his tracks.

Poinephobia- Fear of punishment. :D
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

hhhhmmm what do you call it when they love Punishment?

Pure ecstacy??
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Massochistic.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
phirehawk

Post by phirehawk »

oldmic wrote:Next time, tell him that you have Poinephobia, that should stop him in his tracks.

Well, I certainly learned a new word today (and it wasn't on the word of the day toilet paper).
- Todd
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

phirehawk wrote:
oldmic wrote:Next time, tell him that you have Poinephobia, that should stop him in his tracks.

Well, I certainly learned a new word today (and it wasn't on the word of the day toilet paper).
:lol: - me too! :lol: