Confirmed Huntington bank allows CHL the hard way.

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

My daughter and the company she works for use National City and I have taken her there to cash her paychecks quite a few times. And I have also carried into their banks alot.

No signs posted for CPZ and at closing time (sometimes all day on Friday)
there is a Youngstown Officer on duty in the bank. (usually my city cop buddie). Once I forgot to cover the gun and walked in with my daughter and the cop on duty asked what type of gun it was and when I told him he called it an "antique" :shock: and showed me his Sig. Said that is what most of the Officers are carrying now. (HINT ?? )
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

This may pertain only partially, but nevertheless ...

I got an offer from the NRA in the mail for a high-yield money-market account. While the underwriting financial institution was a bank I didn't recognize, it listed in the fine print that Huntington National Bank would act as an agent and be responsible for all administrative tasks for that offer.

I felt kind of good about it, since I maintained a lot of systems for Huntington's retail lockbox early on in my career.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
magnum12pm

National city

Post by magnum12pm »

I have a friend at the gym, who is a teller at National City. He is not really pro carry, but not really anti. He likes to engage me in debate on the subject whenever possible. He was talking one day and mentioned the fact that you can not carry in a bank. I said where did you hear that because it is not true, in fact your bank is quite concealed carry friendly. He then says "We Are!". I laughed and said you need to bone up on bank policy sir! you might break one of their rules and get fired. My point is that these banks need to educate their employee on CCW. (managers)
Magnum12pm
TobyU

Post by TobyU »

vkev wrote:
GWC wrote:Are there no National City Banks in Columbus? They also allow guns.
They dont let you go armed in dayton at the watervilete branch National City. They have Double Doors w/ detectors.

Any gun friendly banks in dayton?
Yes...US banks, haven't seen one posted yet. Liberty Savings are not posted. I have also cc in Bank one...which is now Chase in Kettering on Dorothy Ln & Woodman...I think they are posted now....the shopping center has the same sign on most every window so it is clearly one of those landlord things...
I did notice Radio Shack is was not posted the last time I was there when the Subway and hair place etc were ...I walked in to tell them I was glad to see they were not.

The guys there were not anit-gun at all.
TobyU

Post by TobyU »

robkjv wrote:By the way, my wife works at National City, and it is their companies policy that CHL is allowed and that NO BRANCH shall post a gun buster sign.

This came from the corporate security chief.

Robkjv
Then let's get the morons at the Watervliet ....the Belmont one to do it the hard way. Wait a minute.....I think I'll go there tomorrow..MEtal detectors....that has to be for looks....or they are set real low...
Those detectors go off for anything...I have metal tips on my 15 cheapie shoes that will set off the county and court house ones..
There is no way they could have normal detectors and actually get business in and out all day..
I doubt that little branch has the sophisticated ......equipment...that show on the monitor weapons concealed and all.
But I think a trip to the bank with a couple of full mags.....no weapons, if posted is in order to discuss with the manager.

Sorry if I come across arrogant....but it is bad enough that companies officially circumvent a state law by their own lousy policy..but I will NOT let individual locations or managers...make corporate policy that is not in accordance with the ACTUAL company policy.
corrsk

Re: Confirmed Huntington bank allows CHL the hard way.

Post by corrsk »

Signs are up in Sylvania OH now.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
PM for class info

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Patriots- ... 1429217356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re:

Post by JustaShooter »

newarcher wrote:I don't want the constant hassles that come with OC.
For what its worth, I OC virtually anytime I'm not wearing a jacket or coat, and I've only had one instance when a person with a gun call was made (at least, only one where law enforcement approached me), and positive interactions with people I encounter outnumber negative interactions by at least 10 to 1.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I second that.......

Only one negative encounter, all the rest over the yrs have been good ones, well, there have been a few who didn't think I should be OCing, when I could be covering it up, but to each their own.

Oh, by the way this thread was started back in '07 in case no one caught that !
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
esprrfan2001

Post by esprrfan2001 »

Yes does anyone have anything in writing from Huntington on being pro carry in their banks?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Yes does anyone have anything in writing from Huntington on being pro carry in their banks?
No I do not and am unaware of anyone who does.

Asking any business at headquarters level for their store's formal 2A position is a huge risk of getting a ''NO'' answer. Like asking the Fed ''can I shoulder this AR pistol ?'' came to no good.

Best to leave it alone IMHO.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Baron83

Post by Baron83 »

I work in the Huntington building in downtown Columbus. The building is now posted, and 99% sure the bank in the building is also specifically posted these days. I don’t believe it used to be. Seems Huntington might be having a change of heart....