Anti-gun violence/Wear orange rallies

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Anti-gun violence/Wear orange rallies

Post by Brian D. »

Apparently yesterday was National Anti Gun Violence Day, or something. Several rallies/protests have popped up for today across Cincytucky.

We need moles in those groups so we can advance notice and show up in greater numbers than them, lawfully carrying of course.

I'll probably swing by two of them today, downtown and Ft. Thomas on the Bluegrass side of the river.

I'm kidding about the moles. Sort of.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Anti-gun violence/Wear orange rallies

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Apparently yesterday was National Anti Gun Violence Day, or something. Several rallies/protests have popped up for today across Cincytucky.

We need moles in those groups so we can advance notice and show up in greater numbers than them, lawfully carrying of course.

I'll probably swing by two of them today, downtown and Ft. Thomas on the Bluegrass side of the river.

I'm kidding about the moles. Sort of.
Once again, an example of how the left uses language. We are all against gun violence, or any other violence for that matter. The difference is that the lefties use the term to mean anti-gun. As a result, we have to be very careful in how we frame counter demonstrations or arguments contrary to them.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WHIO TV reported a anti gun event as well, with the participants wearing orange because that's what hunters wear to protect themselves from gunfire. :roll:
I know an MDA member who assures me that her organization will participate in some way in filing a lawsuit to stop HB99, like was done with the last school staff bill.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Brian D. wrote: We need moles in those groups so we can advance notice and show up in greater numbers than them, lawfully carrying of course.
just need to sign up on the moms & Everytown email list and you should get notification for all of their events.
https://momsdemandaction.org/events/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.everytown.org/actions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

So have the red coats, who show up to hearings in red tshirs or polos, traded these garments in for the "safety" orange?

Make up your minds. Is red too communistic? What is the worst color a post-menopausal woman who has shorter hair than Gomer Pyle can wear? Why does beauty need to be so perverted while you shriek and scold?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798