Anit gun Senators wants police banned from schools

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Anit gun Senators wants police banned from schools

Post by M-Quigley »

When the Texas elementary school tragedy news first came out it was reported that a school resource officer was on scene and engaged the suspect outside. That was not true there was no SRO on scene. Three of the same Senators that are misusing this latest tragedy to push for more anti gun legislation 2 yrs ago introduced a bill to ban police from being in a school prior to a shooting. They don't want teachers or students protected at all. They of course had the support of the teachers union and some civil rights groups, claiming police in schools us racist and money should be spent on counselors instead. If it was only that they didn't want LE in schools prior to an attack that would be one thing, but of course they don't want staff armed either, or armed volunteers. Armed trained and vetted volunteers could be the initial reaction to a school shooter (and without being a cop since they seem to hate cops) but they don't want that either. Senators like those two claim the Senate should "do something" but I guarantee you if you were a Senator and proposed a bill to help the nations schools to have an armed volunteer force for every school they would explain, something that might actually work instead of another gun control law that a murderer won't obay anyway, they'll say "Oh no, we didn't mean do that!" :(

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wesleywhis ... 7da20ccc97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Anit gun Senators wants police banned from schools

Post by WY_Not »

While their reasons for pushing this bill are misguided at best and nefarious (much more likely) at worst... I do agree with the article and one of the aspects of the bill. There should be zero FEDERAL funding going to schools, period. It is not a federal matter. Federal level should have zero involvement in schools. It is a local matter with State level guidance.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WY_Not wrote:While their reasons for pushing this bill are misguided at best and nefarious (much more likely) at worst... I do agree with the article and one of the aspects of the bill. There should be zero FEDERAL funding going to schools, period. It is not a federal matter. Federal level should have zero involvement in schools. It is a local matter with State level guidance.
If that was their motive I could understand that but they love spending federal money for local schools, and other things too.
The lawmakers said this would prevent money from being diverted from important student service providers, like counselors and social workers.
If you were a Senator and told them that you would support their bill only if it cut all federal spending for schools period their heads would probably explode in anger.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

They must have found & blessed the sacred and holy empirical yellow Nerf pool bar. This sacred pool noodle bar can be carried as a talisman thru the school halls, the students in the indoctrination classes er, math - how do I figure my assistance check, can know about it BUT NOT PARTICIPATE.

Once the charade parade is over, allllll the rites & chants offered correctly, incense burning if local fire codes allow,the school is thus ever sanctified against any & all harm. :P :P :P :P
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

In the early 50's, my school had a rifle team, and members often had their rifles on the school bus in the AM....

Not to mention the kids bringing in hunting rifles & such for after-school and other occasions. Which ended up in their lockers before the 4:00 ish release times....

I was a little "curious" but the rifle club was kind of "private" if you didn't know the right people. (Translation: They didn't want a Jewish kid as members....)

Kinda funny - the croations are about begging for small arms, and our beloved congress is happy to take 'em from us.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

I hear you, Stu. I recall our class making a display for the westward movement in the US. My uncle had a Remington Trapdoor, the ones used by the military in the 1800's, and I borrowed it and took it in for the display. The principal and several of the teachers were fascinated by it and were very complimentary about my bringing it. Today, I'd be put in jail.

An interesting story about the Trapdoor is that the War Department considered making repeating rifles the primary weapon, but decided against it on the theory that soldiers would just fire them faster and use more ammunition than they needed to. I'm sure Custer was happy with that decision at the Little Big Horn.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand