Another possible RINO running for US Senator from Ohio

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Another possible RINO running for US Senator from Ohio

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/ohio-se ... 64FVN5WQE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unlike the other candidates, Dolan is considered to be more mainstream and is now touting his experience as a problem-solver who, rather than sit back and criticize others, takes action and gets results.

“People want that in Washington. They want somebody and be a doer and not just a talker. And I have a long record of getting involved, getting positive results for Ohio and its clear that’s what Republicans want, somebody to go to Washington and continue to do,” Dolan said in an interview with WHIO-TV.
Sounds good, but
He sponsored one of the anti-gun violence bills sought by Gov. Mike DeWine in the wake of the Oregon District shooting. It was not well received by Dolan’s fellow Republican lawmakers.

Still, Dolan insists business leaders are familiar with his work at the Statehouse.

“Talk with the business folks in Dayton. Ask them who helped them in Columbus. Ask them who sees a vision for Dayton and helped them,” Dolan asked.
While he might be able to raise money from those business leaders, it is going to be individual people of Ohio who are going to get to vote and decide who is the next US Senator, not just business leaders and not just DeWine.
EricTheBald

Re: Another possible RINO running for US Senator from Ohio

Post by EricTheBald »

He's not going anywhere. Running a race you know you cant win is a good way to get entre to the machine.

Josh Mandel is going to take the primary, though he is NOT my first choice and I am frankly not impressed with the stunt he pulled at the PITP, which I thought was a {inappropriate language} move.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

EricTheBald wrote:He's not going anywhere. Running a race you know you cant win is a good way to get entre to the machine.

Josh Mandel is going to take the primary, though he is NOT my first choice and I am frankly not impressed with the stunt he pulled at the PITP, which I thought was a {inappropriate language} move.
If he does we can look forward to having 2 anti gun Democratic Senators in the general election. :( IMHO I don't think he can win the general election.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

EricTheBald wrote:Josh Mandel is going to take the primary, though he is NOT my first choice and I am frankly not impressed with the stunt he pulled at the PITP, which I thought was a {inappropriate language} move.
Only thing I remember that might qualify as a "stunt" was his Chief Wahoo cap. As a Detroit Tigers fan, I was offended by the cap. :D
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

The recording thing.

Everyone else was talking about what they think and what they want to do, Mandel played that recording of Vance.

I'm not defending Vance. If he had shown up, he could have defended himself. IF he had shown up.

But the recording was a {inappropriate language} move. I lost a lot of respect for him.
-

-
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

EricTheBald wrote:The recording thing.

Everyone else was talking about what they think and what they want to do, Mandel played that recording of Vance.
Mandel definitely went a different way with his presentation but I figured it was because he was the candidate we are most familiar with. As for the recording, I have zero memory of it except that it happened. You could have said it was Metzenbaum and I would not have disagreed.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

I think the smart choice would be Mark Pukita.

Unfortunately, I do not think he will win. In fact, I’m not sure he would even place very high.
-

-
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

So Mandel recorded Vance somewhere else and played it back at PITP in order to argue with/discredit the thought on the clip?

Vance must be a serious threat if you have to carry him around to argue with constantly.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

EricTheBald wrote:The recording thing.

I'm not defending Vance. If he had shown up, he could have defended himself. IF he had shown up.

But the recording was a {inappropriate language} move. I lost a lot of respect for him.
For the benefit of people who were not able to attend the PITP, can you say what Vance said in the recording?
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

M-Quigley wrote: For the benefit of people who were not able to attend the PITP, can you say what Vance said in the recording?
It was from back in 2016 election run up, he said there are racists in the Trump movement or something very similar.

JLE
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

Yeah, some standard anti-Trump/Trump Voter stuff.

I've heard him address it at other events and his excuse is basically; "I was wrong and I'm sorry".

Which is believable for me.
Those of us who realized how full of crap the media is several decades ago tend to forget how pervasive the BS is.

Where Vance lost points with me was in not showing up.
In fact, the only one who did WORSE in that regard was Blystone, who has turned his campaign into a Master Class in what NOT to do. (And I like Joe.)
-

-