Senator Durbin says gun control is a "top priority"

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Senator Durbin says gun control is a "top priority"

Post by bignflnut »

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Illinois) previewed gun control during recent days and makes clear he thinks there is “a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place.”

On Monday, Durbin tweeted:

More than 100 Americans die every day from gun violence. This #GVSurvivorsWeek, we recognize survivors of gun violence & remember all those we have lost.

We have a lot of work to do to make this country a safer place. I will do all I can to reduce deadly shootings & save lives.

— Senator Dick Durbin (@SenatorDurbin) February 1, 2021

Days earlier, on Janary 27, 2021, Durbin tweeted he met with gun control proponents and assured them “reducing gun violence will be a top priority of the Senate Judiciary Committee.”
I mean, everyone says that legislation regarding RKBA is a top priority.

Who do we believe when they say it? Ds or Rs?

Who should we believe? Ds or Rs?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Senator Durbin says gun control is a "top priority"

Post by Javelin Man »

15,292 Americans died from gun shootings in 2019, excluding suicides. (thetrace.org) That would be a far cry from his 100 times 365 days = 36,500. He lost my confidence in saying anything truthful.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Javelin Man wrote:15,292 Americans died from gun shootings in 2019, excluding suicides. (thetrace.org) That would be a far cry from his 100 times 365 days = 36,500. He lost my confidence in saying anything truthful.
You mean he ever had your confidence in the first place?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:15,292 Americans died from gun shootings in 2019, excluding suicides. (thetrace.org) That would be a far cry from his 100 times 365 days = 36,500. He lost my confidence in saying anything truthful.
Except they don't exclude suicides. I've talked to the other side and they honestly think that, just like violent crime would be almost eliminated if you ban guns, :roll: that somehow people will quit committing suicide if you make it so people can't get a gun. Yes they are that stupid. :( The most common argument you'll hear is guns make it easier and quicker to commit suicide.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:
Except they don't exclude suicides. I've talked to the other side and they honestly think that, just like violent crime would be almost eliminated if you ban guns, :roll: that somehow people will quit committing suicide if you make it so people can't get a gun. Yes they are that stupid. :( The most common argument you'll hear is guns make it easier and quicker to commit suicide.
The Progressives should like that as they are usually big fans of euthanasia.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

M-Quigley wrote:
Someone needs to explain to him all the knife related violence in the UK.... :roll: :roll:
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...