ATFE, under Trump, further restricts unfinished receivers

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

johnwilliamson062

ATFE, under Trump, further restricts unfinished receivers

Post by johnwilliamson062 »

Where is the outrage?
https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/12/ ... 907954001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/ ... ans/377531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Of course, the bump stock restrictions from a few years ago.

These are probably the most drastic federal regulation changes made during my adult life. Especially considering they depart from law. Everyone seems worried about Biden, but these represent some significant changes Democrats never could have accomplished legislatively, and Trump could have easily stopped them. Obama didn't do this to us. What am I missing here?
ArmedAviator

Re: ATFE, under Trump, further restricts unfinished receiver

Post by ArmedAviator »

They're doing it because Trump is about to leave office, not because it's a Trump administration.

Everyone in power knows what's coming and want to reduce the firepower used against them now while they can.

It's a shame Trump didn't break up the BATFE and other alphabet soup agencies, but it's a bigger shame that people aren't standing by their internet warrior values when they come knocking on doors.

"From my cold dead hands" quickly becomes "yes sir, here ya go, sir, please don't hurt me sir."

Proper response is and always has been "Come back with a warrant and might need some body bags, too" as fellow patriots in your neighborhood gets ready for an offensive attack from multiple angles if they do return.

But that's just what our founding fathers did. Surely we have the legal methods to live free...................
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

ArmedAviator wrote:They're doing it because Trump is about to leave office, not because it's a Trump administration.

Everyone in power knows what's coming and want to reduce the firepower used against them now while they can.

It's a shame Trump didn't break up the BATFE and other alphabet soup agencies, but it's a bigger shame that people aren't standing by their internet warrior values when they come knocking on doors.

"From my cold dead hands" quickly becomes "yes sir, here ya go, sir, please don't hurt me sir."

Proper response is and always has been "Come back with a warrant and might need some body bags, too" as fellow patriots in your neighborhood gets ready for an offensive attack from multiple angles if they do return.

But that's just what our founding fathers did. Surely we have the legal methods to live free...................
The problem with the come back with a warrant thing is, they won't leave, they'll just order one up, so you'll be goin' it alone. That is, if they don't already have you in zip ties.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
johnwilliamson062

Post by johnwilliamson062 »

They're doing it because Trump is about to leave office, not because it's a Trump administration.
Non-sense. ump-stocks was in the first half of his administration. If he wanted to he could have easily delayed these into Biden's term. ATFE director is appointed by the Attorney General. Trump still has all the control he wants. Don't kid yourself.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

johnwilliamson062 wrote:
Non-sense. ump-stocks was in the first half of his administration. If he wanted to he could have easily delayed these into Biden's term. ATFE director is appointed by the Attorney General. Trump still has all the control he wants. Don't kid yourself.
I think we all know that we haven't had a pro-gun president for... I don't think there has been one in my lifetime. The best we have done is 2A neutral and they then appoint decent judges. Trump is an opportunist at best IMO and if he thought a gun control bill would have helped him get re-elected he would have signed it. So I doubt that he really cares about 80% lowers at this point.

It also seems that the president (any president) doesn't seem to have a lot of direct control over what millions of .gov workers do. He probably can't just up and fire people for not following orders for example.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Whirlwind06 wrote:I think we all know that we haven't had a pro-gun president for... I don't think there has been one in my lifetime. The best we have done is 2A neutral and they then appoint decent judges. Trump is an opportunist at best IMO and if he thought a gun control bill would have helped him get re-elected he would have signed it. So I doubt that he really cares about 80% lowers at this point.

BLASPHEMY!

At once you shall be stoned in the public square as a tinfoil hat wearer, negative naybob, party pooper, conspiracy theorist, nay sayer, etc...
His name SHALL be called:

- RKBA Champion
- Vanquisher of the HIlldabeast
- Drainer of Swamps
- Builder of Walls
- Deliverer of Court Victories
- Unimpeachable in Character
- Quasher of Coups
- Economic Emmanuel
- (Thrice Married) Man of the People
- Advocate of the Outsider and Commoner
- Greatest of Americans
- Creator of New Parties
- Restorer of Greatness
- Healer to Millions of Self-Quarantined
- Conquerer of Flu Bugs
- Arbiter of Middle East Peace
- Bringer of Vaccinations
- Coordinator of Ventilators
- Absolute Artist of the Deal
- 7 to the 10th power Dimension Chess Master

- Praise be to the golden locks!
I quote, of course, from the book of Trump 20:20
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798