Tenn lawmakers consider expansion of use of force laws

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Tenn lawmakers consider expansion of use of force laws

Post by M-Quigley »

NASHVILLE — Tennessee lawmakers filed a bill Tuesday that would greatly expand the use of deadly force throughout the state, if approved.

State representative Jay Reedy filed the bill to allow residents the ability to fatally shoot someone in order to protect their personal property, WTVF reported. Currently the use of deadly force is only allowed if someone is in fear of their life, WVLT reported.
https://www.whio.com/news/trending/tenn ... UOTW3K7TI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ArmedAviator

Re: Tenn lawmakers consider expansion of use of force laws

Post by ArmedAviator »

If passed, this opens up my future home states to two possibilities - Texas being the other.

My property is an extension of myself through my labor and I will kill to protect it just like I would my family.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
docachna

Re: Tenn lawmakers consider expansion of use of force laws

Post by docachna »

ArmedAviator wrote:If passed, this opens up my future home states to two possibilities - Texas being the other.

My property is an extension of myself through my labor and I will kill to protect it just like I would my family.
Here's a little more detail than given above.

https://tennesseestar.com/2020/11/22/st ... -property/

I notice (and it affects me here in TN) that "brandishing" is apparently considered the use of deadly force here. Another argument for expanding legal justification for the use of deadly force, since the bar is apparently pretty low.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE