Pushing firearm restriction reform for the VA

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Pushing firearm restriction reform for the VA

Post by Bruenor »

Should not have to consider passing on assistance in order to preserve your rights. this is long overdue.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... un-rights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rep. Andy Biggs and 20 other Republican lawmakers petitioned President Trump Wednesday to curb regulations at the Department of Veteran Affairs they argue are stripping veterans of their Second Amendment rights.

The group led by Mr. Biggs, Arizona Republican and chairman of the House Freedom Caucus, asked Mr. Trump on Wednesday to use executive powers to rein in the VA’s fiduciary policy.

“The VA’s fiduciary rule has led to many veterans being wrongly deprived of their constitutional rights. Receiving held to manage your VA benefits is not the same as being ‘adjudicated as a mental defective’ or being ‘committed to a mental institution,’” their letter read. “Veterans should not have to worry about being disarmed when they seek assistance with benefits or healthcare from the VA.”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Pushing firearm restriction reform for the VA

Post by WhyNot »

Shucks I'd settle fer not having to DISARM before going to Dayton VA, even though I have a valid CHL.

Makes the whole trip risky and I thought that b4 Covid-1978, riots er, excuse peeeeaceful protests with bricks, etc.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good