ATF targeting pistol braces next

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

ATF targeting pistol braces next

Post by bignflnut »

WASHINGTON, DC (June 17, 2020) — Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) has issued the following statement regarding possible ATF action to ban millions of firearms and devices:

For years, the ATF has issued opinions and guidance, which the People of the United States have relied on to purchase legal products, including brace devices and firearms with them, to stay in compliance with the law. Our understanding is that, rather than tackling important issues and restoring Americans’ access to our fundamental rights, the ATF again may put its policy preferences above the liberty and interests of the People, our Constitution, and the rule of law. No one deserves to be imprisoned for taking the government at its word. But it is clear that the government cannot be trusted. If the ATF moves forward with yet another ban, then it will put a nail in the coffin of public trust and institutional integrity.
How about a poke in the eye right before the election, because, who else you gonna vote for (#WEOWNYOU)?!

Vote Trump 2020: We'll make you felons, but so will the other party!
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
ArmedAviator

Re: ATF targeting pistol braces next

Post by ArmedAviator »

If any of my currently legal firearms becomes illegal, my drill press is ready. The third hole shall be drilled.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

So far, every single article about this topic leads back to the same, second-hand, source. A political source, mind you, who is making political hay with the "revelation". Pardon me, but I remain skeptical, and shall remain so until there is more, shall we say, verifiable and objective confirmation.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

JustaShooter wrote:So far, every single article about this topic leads back to the same, second-hand, source. A political source, mind you, who is making political hay with the "revelation". Pardon me, but I remain skeptical, and shall remain so until there is more, shall we say, verifiable and objective confirmation.
I encourage skepticism, particularly towards NFA/GCA and ATF/FBI alphabet soup.They've certainly earned it.
All you can eat skepticism on State-ism, have a seat and tuck in, my friend.
Idk if FPC or Florida Rep Matt Gaetz (or the handful of lawmakers) has earned that skepticism, but I know that the NRA has.
Congressman Matt Gaetz announced today on his podcast the ATF is crafting secret rules restricting the possession of certain pistol braces by American citizens, and that he has sent them a letter demanding they stop.

"We understand that ATF is currently considering restricting one arm brace model owned by over 700,000 Americans," Congressman Gaetz writes along with six other members of Congress. "We strongly urge ATF to cease taking any actions and reconsider or rescind any secret determinations which call into question the legality of firearms owned by millions of law-abiding Americans."

“There is always a need to vindicate our Second Amendment rights,” Gaetz says on his podcast, "Hot Takes with Matt Gaetz."

He explains that even during very conservative administrations, like President Trump’s, some do “try to make it more difficult to acquire things that shooters need and gun owners need, for safety and for the unique circumstances that an individual may have.”
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

They seem to have taken down my previous link demonstrating that we are a captured and captive voting block who will not betray those who undermine our agenda after we vote them in...

This link should be good, but I haven't learned to timestamp this source, somewhere like 28 minutes in is the admission that your vote is already counted in the GOP column.

WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

your clickable link ''28 minutes'' doesn't work here

Just FYI
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Thanks for the heads up....

Try try again...https://www.{inappropriate language}.com/video/aYntVHADejNX/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apparently the word b*tchute is inappropriate
It does begin with the Meredith Brooks 1997 hit song...so we can forgive the algorithm, and offer the tinyurl

https://tinyurl.com/yajs8zhs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's Tucker expressing the same sentiment: We have no choice!

By now we may have forgotten the point of posting this at all...so allow me to reset it.

WE pro-RKBA voters are a captured and catalogued voting block, and they don't need to pay off our loyalty, they will abuse us just as minority voters in urban areas are betrayed by Democratic politicians who have run cities and states for decades. This is why the ATF continues to abuse us under a "Champion" POTUS.