HR 5717: They want it ALL- Read & Weep!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

HR 5717: They want it ALL- Read & Weep!

Post by evan price »

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... xt?r=1&s=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good old Hank Johnson, at it again.
This bill is the embodiment of every gun grabbers' dreams, since the 94 ban sunset.
Read it- They hate us.
Time for Soap Box.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: HR 5717: They want it ALL- Read & Weep!

Post by Javelin Man »

That was a tough read. Grrr. Imagine if you had to do the same to vote or get a library card.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

evan price wrote:https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... xt?r=1&s=1

Good old Hank Johnson, at it again.
This bill is the embodiment of every gun grabbers' dreams, since the 94 ban sunset.
Read it- They hate us.
Time for Soap Box.
My guess is 100 percent of that is unconstitutional. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Now joined by it's nearly identical companion bill in the Senate S. 3254. Thanks to Senator E. Warren
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Sent this to Chabot, Portman, and Brown (modifying 5717 to 3254)

Steve,

As your constituent, you need to know that I'm a veteran small business owner who had to halt work during the OH Dept. of Health order, and as I'm not eligible for unemployment I found work at the gun store for the 3rd time in my life. I'm seeing a huge amount of folks scared with potential martial law, and these are almost all first time buyers. I'm a white male, and I'm a minority when it comes to the ethnicities and genders of folks that I've sold guns to since Saturday.

One of them mentioned this bill, HR 5717, to me yesterday evening. This is a nightmare, and needs to be killed quickly. In the words of a young black male and his wife, "the only reason to tax another 30% on guns and 50% on ammo is because they don't want us to have them."

They are correct. The tensions I'm seeing in the real world are not between the citizenry these days. It's a strong distrust of the government, and a lot of people realizing that the second amendment is about a violent overthrow of the government. We need to prevent bloodshed, and stopping gun control actions is statistically the best step towards that measure.

Michael XXXXX
Veteran, USAF (Intelligence analyst, Active duty and National Guard)
Co-owner, LLC in Oxford, OH
Sole owner, LLC in Cincinnati, OH
Employee, in Cincinnati, OH
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction