Bloomberg on guns

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Bloomberg on guns

Post by Bruenor »

Nothing you haven't already heard.. Interesting he claims everytown membership is larger than the NRA, 6 million vs 5 million.
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/02 ... ving-guns/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bloomberg said, “The whole issue of getting guns off the streets, I’ve fought the NRA tooth and nail, and I continue to do that, and we have this organization of 6 million people, Every Town it’s called or Mom’s Demand Action around the country to get good laws, background checks, so you don’t sell guns to minors, people with psychiatric problems or people with criminal records. They shouldn’t be able to buy a gun. I’m not a big fan of everybody having guns. But The Second Amendment gives you the right. I can’t do anything about that.”
Only a fan of his personal armed security, that goes everywhere with him, having guns..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Bloomberg on guns

Post by JustaShooter »

Bruenor wrote: Interesting he claims everytown membership is larger than the NRA, 6 million vs 5 million.
The difference being the NRA has *paying* members...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

JustaShooter wrote:
Bruenor wrote: Interesting he claims everytown membership is larger than the NRA, 6 million vs 5 million.
The difference being the NRA has *paying* members...
True that. If you go to Everytown or their subset organizations, and you either like a FB post, save that page, re-tweet or submit your email address (ie that sort of thing, I don’t know all the details) they count that as membership. Pretty loose measurements.

But, truth isn’t their strong suit anyway, so why expect anything else.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Bloomberg says the 2nd Amendment isn't going anywhere so don't worry about your gun rights. ;(

https://www.theblaze.com/news/voter-ask ... or-himself
"The Supreme Court said you can have reasonable restrictions, and the only restrictions which I am in favor of is to prevent us from selling guns to people with psychiatric problems, criminals, or people that are minors, OK?"
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Quoting Heller isn't going to gain him votes...but Bloomberg is going to be the poster child that proves $$$ isn't all that matters in politics...he will have outspent everyone and not been more than a flea on their backside.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Oh boy, Here I go.. I despise the punk. I respect the fact he’s a self made billionaire and praise him for that, but he won’t take his $65 billion and enjoy it. His life must be miserable and he’s spending his bucks to make everybody else’s life as miserable. What he’s spent on this campaign, he could’ve spent on corona virus, St Jude’s, Shriner’s or any other struggling charity. Instead he’s spending it on a vendetta against Trump and common folks. He’s a punk!!!
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

He bought American Samoa's primary and pulled the ripcord - endorsing Biden (thanks for nothin').

We're looking at the Human Gaffe Machine, an unabashed Communist and the 2020 version of PT Barnum, all well north of 73.
When Donald Trump was elected president of the United States aged 70, he became the oldest person ever elected president (though not the oldest president, as Ronald Reagan was 77 when he left office.)

However, this year’s Democratic front runners Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden are 78 and 77 respectively, which means if either of them were to unseat Donald Trump in November, they’d take the title of the oldest first time US president.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Bloomberg Called Out On Gun Control: Does Your Life Matter More Than Mine Or My Family’s Or These Peoples’?
An audience member called out former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg for “pushing for more gun control” when he has “an armed security detail.”

“How do you justify pushing for more gun control when you have an armed security detail that’s likely equipped with the same firearms and magazines that you seek to ban the common citizen from owning?” the man asked at a Monday evening Fox News town hall in Manassas, Virginia.

“Look, I probably get 40 or 50 threats every week, ok, and some of them are real,” Bloomberg responded.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

kcclark wrote:Bloomberg says the 2nd Amendment isn't going anywhere so don't worry about your gun rights. ;(

https://www.theblaze.com/news/voter-ask ... or-himself
"The Supreme Court said you can have reasonable restrictions, and the only restrictions which I am in favor of is to prevent us from selling guns to people with psychiatric problems, criminals, or people that are minors, OK?"
Except the bolded is a huge lie. (no surprise there) Bloomberg has also been in favor of making ordinary law abiding citizens felons simply because of what kind of semi automatic they choose to own. (a gun ban) He isn't stupid enough however to make the public statements supporting forced confiscation like what Beto did.
Anderson Cooper asked Biden if "a Biden administration means they will come for my guns," he responded by saying, "Bingo," and "You're right if you have an assault weapon." There's also video of Biden gleefully saying he will put Beto in charge of his gun control efforts, which he might regret saying in July when he has to run for a general election campaign. OTOH he might be stupid enough to think that's a winning strategy in a general election. After all, Hillary did. :roll:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/ ... -firearms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
November 2020 will be known as the gun-control election.

Tuesday night, former Vice President Joe Biden announced that Beto O’Rourke “will be the one who leads” his gun-control effort. “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15,” O’Rourke, a former Texas congressman and Democratic presidential candidate himself, famously promised in a debate in September. They are “weapons of war, designed to kill people efficiently on a battlefield,” he warned.

O’Rourke vowed to “buy back every single assault weapon” but said that he would use force if people didn’t voluntarily agree to selling their guns. The former candidate also appears to support all the currently discussed gun-control proposals.

Last year, many Democrats worried that O’Rourke’s aggressive position would alienate moderate voters and give credence to conservative assertions that Democrats really do want to take away people’s guns. Some prominent Democrats felt it necessary to distance themselves from those comments. “I don’t know of any other Democrat who agrees with Beto O’Rourke,” Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) said. Others blamed O’Rourke for creating distrust about gun-control advocates’ motives. A CNN headline last fall posed the question, “Is Beto O’Rourke single-handedly dooming a gun control bill?”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ndorsement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
O'Rourke called President Trump an "existential threat" to "free and fair elections," and urged rallygoers to view Biden as the "antithesis of Donald Trump," someone who is "decent, kind, caring, and empathetic."

Biden, taking the microphone after O'Rourke spoke, then announced, "I want to make something clear -- I'm gonna guarantee you, this is not the last you're seeing of this guy -- you're gonna take care of the gun problem with me, you're gonna be the one who leads this effort. I'm counting on you, I'm counting on you, we need you badly."
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

AlanM wrote:Bloomberg Called Out On Gun Control: Does Your Life Matter More Than Mine Or My Family’s Or These Peoples’?
An audience member called out former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg for “pushing for more gun control” when he has “an armed security detail.”

“How do you justify pushing for more gun control when you have an armed security detail that’s likely equipped with the same firearms and magazines that you seek to ban the common citizen from owning?” the man asked at a Monday evening Fox News town hall in Manassas, Virginia.

Look, I probably get 40 or 50 threats every week, ok, and some of them are real,” Bloomberg responded.
That comment reminds me of a certain Dayton Ohio city commissioner who was a big time anti gunner, opposed to Ohio getting licensed shall issue CCW back in the day, yet when caught with a semi auto handgun said he NEEDED his because he allegedly got death threats due to his anti gun efforts. :roll:
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

M-Quigley wrote:
AlanM wrote:Bloomberg Called Out On Gun Control: Does Your Life Matter More Than Mine Or My Family’s Or These Peoples’?

Look, I probably get 40 or 50 threats every week, ok, and some of them are real,” Bloomberg responded.
That comment reminds me of a certain Dayton Ohio city commissioner who was a big time anti gunner, opposed to Ohio getting licensed shall issue CCW back in the day, yet when caught with a semi auto handgun said he NEEDED his because he allegedly got death threats due to his anti gun efforts. :roll:
Was that Tony Capizzi? Probably not as that was quite a few years back. BTW Tony is a judge now. :roll:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/