WOIO Action News Sunday Night -> Update

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

WOIO Action News Sunday Night -> Update

Post by OldManTod »

So the letter below is a result of the Anchor reporting how gastly it was that "for $10 you can rent a gun and pay for your own ammunition to shoot" - It was really lame (I thought), you and I would see it as an informercial, but because of her tones, this is what I sent her:

"Good Evening Danielle;

I believe it was yourself who reported on the Firearm Rental for $10 (in Indianapolis) on Sunday night and I wanted to send along a quick note.

I am not sure if I should send you a dozen roses or be “put-off” with regards to your report :) . See, I am heading to Indianapolis this weekend and I now know where I can shoot for cheap :) .

Let me start by telling you I am a 37 year old father of 4 and a computer consultant that services organizations around the nation such as Nike, McDonalds, The Scotts Company, Burger King, University Hospital and Hallmark Greeting Cards to name a few, I hold a very prestigious role in my organization. I also own 7 handguns, 2 rifles and a shotgun.

It seems (by the tone and inflections in your voice) that you are certain only law breaking, class-less, un-employable rednecks would be interested in renting a handgun for $10 an hour (along with the ammunition) and you could not be further from the truth (if I am off-base, please correct me and I will respectfully digress).

There are tens of thousands of us in Ohio alone who are possessor’s of Concealed Handgun Licenses and that doesn’t include the ten’s of thousands more, who do not have an interest in carrying a firearm on a daily basis, but choose to own firearms for both home protection as well as competitive target shooting (and many others are collectors for financial gain).

I implore you to perform due diligence and really understand the demographics of both NRA members and also firearm owners of today, while “back in the day” there were some “dyed in the wool” owners and supporters (I butt heads with them all the time), that were not only staunch, but quite rude in their approach, “times they are a changing” and I believe that after sufficient research would not only bring enlightenment to the public culture, it will also point out the sensationalism, that most media infuses their news reports with, is quite “overblown”.

A great place to start would be http://www.ohioccw.org/ and also http://nra.org/ which has a plethora of information.

Respectfully,

Coordinator – Ohioans for Concealed Carry
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

I got an update from Danielle this evening - I have asked her to share comments - I will advise when I receive a response.
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
D_Fence

Post by D_Fence »

You just know she would have a ball if somebody took her to the range.