Resolution introducted condemning Dayton mass shooting

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Resolution introducted condemning Dayton mass shooting

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/da ... ljcycDiuI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or
Not knowing the specific wording of the resolution, I'm not sure whether this is just misusing a terrible tragedy for bipartisan political grandstanding, or is there an ulterior motive in this? What's the point in condemning a mass shooting? And why just this particular mass shooting, or even mass shootings in general? Why not condemn the violence in Chicago, for example? Don't misunderstand me, I know why Portman and Brown consider this mass shooting more important than others because it happened in Ohio, but why would someone else sign onto just this particular one?
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Resolution introducted condemning Dayton mass shooting

Post by Aesinsp »

I'm of the thinking that if the topic is kept front and center it's a means to keep/garner momentum to 'do something'.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Aesinsp wrote:I'm of the thinking that if the topic is kept front and center it's a means to keep/garner momentum to 'do something'.
I agree. The Democrats want to keep the anti-gun issue hot. A resolution is just a way of doing it.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Portman teaming up with Brown. Portman is pro-ERPOzxty's , among other things.

NOT a good combo, IMHO.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good