"Hell yes, we're going to take your AR 15"

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

"Hell yes, we're going to take your AR 15"

Post by Javelin Man »

At least Beto has come out and publicly announced the ultimate goal of the leftists. Now when people tell us that nobody is going to take away your guns, we can call them a bald-faced liar.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/12/us/o ... -ar15.html
“Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” he said. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”

After the debate, Briscoe Cain, a Republican Texas state legislator, replied on Twitter: “My AR is ready for you Robert Francis,” using Mr. O’Rourke’s given name.

Mr. O’Rourke called it a death threat.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: "Hell yes, we're going to take your AR 15"

Post by bignflnut »

Just days ago, this came up in the Great Cruz-Milano+2 Summit of 2019, with Senator Cruz expressing the fear of many citizens, that the ultimate goal is disarming the populace. That targeting the rights of the law-abiding is not a proper response.

Milano+2 quickly decried this goal, and Cruz stated that at least 3 of the Dem POTUS candidates have expressed this directly.
"Well, but just the Ar-15" not pistols, they say...to which Cruz responds that most mass shootings come by way of semi-auto handguns.

And the beat goes on. Not much new here. A desperate candidate who isn't polling above your neighbor is saying things loudly and sternly to make headlines and try to get some donations.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

A Republican state lawmaker from Texas has caused outcry for tweeting “My AR is ready for you Robert Francis” after Democratic presidential candidate Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke pledged to ban and confiscate AR-15 military-style rifles.

SNIP

Beto O'Rourke
‏Verified account @BetoORourke

This is a death threat, Representative. Clearly, you shouldn't own an AR-15—and neither should anyone else.
BINGO!
You're mentally ill. You have no rights. We will come for you, for the public good.
OTHERING complete.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

If he/they insist on carrying out this despicable plan then I would invite him, and those of like mind, to volunteer be the tip of the spear, the one who kicks in the door, the one that leads the team of traitors through the door. But, he/they won't. He/they are traitors and cowards who will send other traitors to their deaths.

As far as the Republican lawmaker from Texas... I'd say he was responding appropriately to the threats of violence from Beto.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

bignflnut wrote:
A Republican state lawmaker from Texas has caused outcry for tweeting “My AR is ready for you Robert Francis” after Democratic presidential candidate Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke pledged to ban and confiscate AR-15 military-style rifles.

SNIP

Beto O'Rourke
‏Verified account @BetoORourke

This is a death threat, Representative. Clearly, you shouldn't own an AR-15—and neither should anyone else.
BINGO!
You're mentally ill. You have no rights. We will come for you, for the public good.
OTHERING complete.

It sure is a death threat. A threat once offered by the Colonists to King George's Army. They followed through. Just saying.

WY_Not wrote:If he/they insist on carrying out this despicable plan then I would invite him, and those of like mind, to volunteer be the tip of the spear, the one who kicks in the door, the one that leads the team of traitors through the door. But, he/they won't. He/they are traitors and cowards who will send other traitors to their deaths.
And because of this, traitorous cowards should sought out and dealt with. Take that however you'd like.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

If ANTIFA can justify actual physical violence in response to mere words they don’t like from certain people they don’t agree with, then the TX Republican is just following the progressive left’s well-trodden path. Beto is certainly speaking in what can be considered violent language full of hate.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The Associated Press noted that Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb welcomed O’Rourke’s push, simply for the damage that it does to the gun control movement. Gottlieb said, “This is what their goal is. We’ve always said it, now they’re saying it. Now they’ve said it and we’re going to make them eat it.”

Democrat senators pushing gun control are not happy with O’Rourke’s push. Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE) explicitly stated that he does not support the confiscatory push. CNN quoted Coons saying, “I don’t think a majority of the Senate or the country is going to embrace mandatory buybacks. We need to focus on what we can get done.”

Gun control Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is also disgruntled by O’Rourke’s push.

Toomey tweeted:

I agree with @ChrisCoons. This is an awful and extreme idea. Thankfully, there’s not enough support in Congress to do it. But this rhetoric undermines and hurts bipartisan efforts to actually make progress on commonsense gun safety efforts, like expanding background checks. https://t.co/lRmy8SHc47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

— Senator Pat Toomey (@SenToomey) September 13, 2019

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Honestly, unless I'm off base here, people need start ignoring Beto. There's no chance in hell that he is going to get the Democratic nomination and he holds no political office now to forward his anti-gun agenda. Once a candidate is named he will have no more press exposure although the liberal press love him. It's too bad the people of Texas are saddled with this guy.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

qmti wrote:Honestly, unless I'm off base here, people need start ignoring Beto. There's no chance in hell that he is going to get the Democratic nomination and he holds no political office now to forward his anti-gun agenda. Once a candidate is named he will have no more press exposure although the liberal press love him. It's too bad the people of Texas are saddled with this guy.
He's hard to ignore because the liberal press does love him and he is easy to use to demonize Democrats with more rational voters.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Beto's statement is not simply an awful and extreme idea, coming from a politician it should be considered treason. Treason needs dealt with swiftly and severely. At a MINIMUM, removal from office and rights (such as RKBA and voting, etc) permanently removed.
bignflnut wrote:Gun control Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA) is also disgruntled by O’Rourke’s push.

Toomey tweeted:

I agree with @ChrisCoons. This is an awful and extreme idea. Thankfully, there’s not enough support in Congress to do it. But this rhetoric undermines and hurts bipartisan efforts to actually make progress on commonsense gun safety efforts, like expanding background checks. https://t.co/lRmy8SHc47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

— Senator Pat Toomey (@SenToomey) September 13, 2019
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

WY_Not wrote:Beto's statement is not simply an awful and extreme idea, coming from a politician it should be considered treason. Treason needs dealt with swiftly and severely. At a MINIMUM, removal from office and rights (such as RKBA and voting, etc) permanently removed.
I view it as a threat, but at this time in my subcategory of "threat that the person is in no way capable of carrying out". To give an example, when I was about 25, an 80 something year old man (goaded by his equally old wife) threatened to kick my a--. Long story but to sum up quickly, these people were trespassing at my deceased great uncle's house, where I was cutting the grass. I called the cops, but certainly not for my own physical safety. Nor did I mention the threat of bodily harm to the officer, lest he crack up laughing.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Perhaps not directly at this moment but as a politician and former officeholder, he certainly has access to and influence on others that most do not. Such statements are still treasonous and a violation of the oath they swore upon taking office. At the very least, remove his privilege of running for and holding any public office again. What is worse/scarier is that there are those out there who support such a treasonous candidate. :evil: The press and Beto can spin it any way they want but such a statement is still a threat of violence.

Brian D. wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Beto's statement is not simply an awful and extreme idea, coming from a politician it should be considered treason. Treason needs dealt with swiftly and severely. At a MINIMUM, removal from office and rights (such as RKBA and voting, etc) permanently removed.
I view it as a threat, but at this time in my subcategory of "threat that the person is in no way capable of carrying out". To give an example, when I was about 25, an 80 something year old man (goaded by his equally old wife) threatened to kick my a--. Long story but to sum up quickly, these people were trespassing at my deceased great uncle's house, where I was cutting the grass. I called the cops, but certainly not for my own physical safety. Nor did I mention the threat of bodily harm to the officer, lest he crack up laughing.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

schmieg wrote:
qmti wrote:Honestly, unless I'm off base here, people need start ignoring Beto. There's no chance in hell that he is going to get the Democratic nomination and he holds no political office now to forward his anti-gun agenda. Once a candidate is named he will have no more press exposure although the liberal press love him. It's too bad the people of Texas are saddled with this guy.
He's hard to ignore because the liberal press does love him and he is easy to use to demonize Democrats with more rational voters.
He was thissss close to being a US Senator. And if Texas continues their blue slide, he might. Change the picture any?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Mr. Glock wrote:
schmieg wrote:
He was thissss close to being a US Senator. And if Texas continues their blue slide, he might. Change the picture any?
Can you imagine Beto being the AG nominee under a Biden or Warren Administration? :roll:
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Well if/when he gets any national traction AT LEAST the wannabe (R)s in Congress will have to ACT...like conservatives.

So who really IS the problem is the question, and I am not content with the answer...
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good