Thermal Detonators are banned now?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Thermal Detonators are banned now?

Post by bignflnut »

Visitors to Disney's new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attraction, can choose from more than 1,000 unique items to take home as souvenirs.

But if they plan on flying home, they'll have to leave at least one behind - a specially designed "thermal detonator" Coca-Cola bottle the company made especially for the new attraction.

TSA has told fans that the bottle, which retails for $5, looks too much like a replica explosive and therefore won't be allowed in carry-on or checked baggage.
Toy weapons that are actually bottles? BANNED!
(The sensation of safety and tranquility washes over the masses.)
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Thermal Detonators are banned now?

Post by sodbuster95 »

I have a dog waste bag dispenser that looks - kind of - like a pineapple grenade. Only once has TSA balked at it, and then they just said to put it inside my bag (it normally is clipped to the outside along with a retractable leash).
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
Face

Post by Face »

The ban was lifted yesterday, they must be empty.
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

sodbuster95 wrote:I have a dog waste bag dispenser that looks - kind of - like a pineapple grenade. Only once has TSA balked at it, and then they just said to put it inside my bag (it normally is clipped to the outside along with a retractable leash).
Are you taking the dog on the plane?
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Mr. Glock wrote:
sodbuster95 wrote:I have a dog waste bag dispenser that looks - kind of - like a pineapple grenade. Only once has TSA balked at it, and then they just said to put it inside my bag (it normally is clipped to the outside along with a retractable leash).
Are you taking the dog on the plane?
Yes. She's a service dog, so she comes with me on the plane. Along with her terrifying grenade-like dog bag dispenser.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

My youngest daughter just, within the last 10 days, flew from San Jose to Grand Rapids, MI and then returned with this in her carry on.
Thirteen pounds, and the bag fit under the seat in front of her.

Then flew from Grand Rapids to Chicago Midway, then on to San Jose.

Here he is at his new home.

He is a purebred male Icelandic Sheepdog that she plans to show and train for agility trials.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Alan:

Becka brought Sammy (now deceased) from Dallas to Columbus in a little cat carrier bag - about 11 years ago. They told her to keep him in the bag. (It did fit under the seat.) Of course, she didn't listen. Little guy was all over the cheap seats area. No complaints except from me when she drove him up from Columbus and handed him to me about three hours before I used to get up then....

(Sammy managed lung cancer and some other problems, and passed on 2 January. Still miss him....)

I don't know what the TSA folks would say now. We also ended up with her two cats about 8 years ago. The better behaved one is now a diabetic, which is a PITA to give her her insulin, but that and occasionally spitting up on the family room floor, at least they don't bark in the AM :D.... The cats were born here in Y-Town.

Sammy was a service dog. His specialty was in clearing rooms....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

TSA has reversed their decision and they are now allowed empty carried on or full in checked bags.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Stu,
I'm truly sorry to hear about Sammy.
I've enjoyed your many stories about Sammy the Jack Russell Terrorist.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has decided that novelty Coke bottles shaped like bombs from Star Wars films are not actually a threat to American travelers. After banning the bottles (which are being sold in Disney theme parks) last week, the TSA on Wednesday reversed course and now says travelers will be able to fly with them in checked or carry-on luggage, so long as the bottles are empty.

SNIP TO BACKSTORY

When a reporter from the Orange County Register asked the TSA if they were serious about banning the novelty bottles even in checked bags, TSA spokesperson Jim Gregory said the agency was worried the novelty bottles "could create concern that it's the real thing."

The TSA then doubled down as more people expressed incredulity.

"The issue concerning Star Wars Galaxy's Edge-themed soda bottles has recently been brought to our attention by the general public, as these items could reasonably be seen by some as replica hand grenades," the TSA said in a statement last week.
ImageImageImage
It's all just security theater marketing...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798