Choke Hazard: Dem 2020 POTUS candidate owns a GUN

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Choke Hazard: Dem 2020 POTUS candidate owns a GUN

Post by bignflnut »

At a campaign stop in Iowa, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate and California Sen. Kamala Harris stated that she owns a gun for protection.

“I am a gun owner, and I own a gun for probably the reason that a lot of people do: for personal safety,” Harris told a group reporters. She cited her past as a career prosecutor.

She went on to try to distance herself from far-left proposals to confiscate firearms while promoting other forms of gun control.

“In terms of gun policy, though, I think that for too long and still today, we are being offered a false choice,” she said, “which suggests you’re either in favor of the Second Amendment or you want to take everyone’s guns away.”
PERSONAL SAFETY?!
Are you Serious?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Choke Hazard: Dem 2020 POTUS candidate owns a GUN

Post by steves 50de »

bignflnut wrote:
At a campaign stop in Iowa, 2020 Democratic presidential candidate and California Sen. Kamala Harris stated that she owns a gun for protection.

“I am a gun owner, and I own a gun for probably the reason that a lot of people do: for personal safety,” Harris told a group reporters. She cited her past as a career prosecutor.

She went on to try to distance herself from far-left proposals to confiscate firearms while promoting other forms of gun control.

“In terms of gun policy, though, I think that for too long and still today, we are being offered a false choice,” she said, “which suggests you’re either in favor of the Second Amendment or you want to take everyone’s guns away.”
PERSONAL SAFETY?!
Are you Serious?
Maybe she can sell it to Omar,...sound's like she may need it from the press reports. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
M-Quigley

Re: Choke Hazard: Dem 2020 POTUS candidate owns a GUN

Post by M-Quigley »

Sad but not really surprising. Many gun control advocates are some of the biggest hypocrites out there on the subject of firearms. Diane Feinstein once claimed she had a concealed carry license in California because she was afraid of the alleged threats she supposedly got after promoting anti gun legislation. That does not mean however that she supported California becoming a shall issue state. Prior to Ohio's CC licensing a Dayton city commissioner was caught with a semi auto handgun and claimed Ohio law excempted him because he was a supporter of gun control, and had alleged received death threats. (affirmative defense to Ohio's law at the time) People like that think they are special and "need" their firearms, while the average Joe or Jane doesn't. Politicians, celebrities, or some in LE/prosecutors in the larger cities are some of the worst offenders, but you sometimes see it in people who claim to be hunters also. i.e. "I'm pro gun, I shoot quail or ducks or deer regularly but I don't think people should be allowed those nasty assault weapons or carry guns in public." It's the attitude, "Guns for me but not for thee." :( IMHO saving a human life is just as important than duck hunting, and you shouldn't have have to be "special" or politically connected to be able to defend yourself.