California Registry paying off

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

California Registry paying off

Post by bignflnut »

What we were always sure would happen is happening. The California Department of Justice is actively confiscating guns from law abiding citizens who have made understandable mistakes while attempting to obey California's complicated and convoluted firearms laws. This video shows California DOJ agents in the act of confiscating firearms from a law abiding Californian.
Low hanging fruit. Gotta justify our budgets...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Tanker_62

Re: California Registry paying off

Post by Tanker_62 »

Speaking of Cali's BS gun laws, I guess it isn't legal to CC there?
Because my wife and I were planning to go on holidays, as we got coupons to rent this apartment in Santa Monica at work. And of course, I wondered whether I could come there packing or if I should leave my gun at home.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Tanker_62 wrote:Speaking of Cali's BS gun laws, I guess it isn't legal to CC there?
Because my wife and I were planning to go on holidays, as we got coupons to rent this apartment in Santa Monica at work. And of course, I wondered whether I could come there packing or if I should leave my gun at home.
DO NOT CARRY IN CALIFORNIA! It is even very difficult for California residents to obtain a license there unless they have political connections. California recognizes no out of state licenses and open carry is verboten. Further, California has all kinds of laws making various guns illegal because of their color or type of grip or trigger, so you don't want to run afoul of those either. Just having one in your luggage could put you in jeopardy.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Tanker_62 wrote:Speaking of Cali's BS gun laws, I guess it isn't legal to CC there?
You cannot CC in California on an Ohio license, you would have to have a CA license and I don't think they issue them to non-residents. For that matter, some counties don't issue them to *residents*, so...

You would need to research legal methods of transport, etc., but CA isn't as bad as NY/NJ/MD (yet) so you could legally possess your handgun (assuming it isn't a banned firearm) there for protection inside your apartment at least...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

A few/Some of the rural counties in CA are decent about issuing licenses. But, only to residents of their own county.
It all makes for some pretty low overall numbers, considering the population of the state.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tanker_62

Post by Tanker_62 »

Thanks for the answer. Sadly, I think I'll have to leave my gun at home... There are good news coming from CA these days, with the magazine ban being lifted, but it'll be a fierce battle if we want California to have normal gun laws again.