Dems refuse To allow Scalise to testify against gun control

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Dems refuse To allow Scalise to testify against gun control

Post by Bruenor »

One sided testimony.. who would have guessed.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/rep-ste ... -amendment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing Wednesday on new gun control legislation Democrats plan to push on the American people. The top Republican on the committee, Doug Collins, R-Ga., asked committee Democrats if I (Steve Scalise [R-LA]) could testify about this legislation in an appropriate setting to offer another perspective as both a survivor of a shooting attack and strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights. But the Democrats said no. While liberals may try to silence conservative voices, I will not be silenced. The American people deserve to hear all perspectives. Here is the testimony I planned to give:
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Dems refuse To allow Scalise to testify against gun cont

Post by WY_Not »

Dems blocking opposing views...

...not.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Dems refuse To allow Scalise to testify against gun cont

Post by qmti »

Just my view point. It's not the problem that the Democrats are pushing gun control. The problem is the VOTERS putting them in office. If it weren't for the voters this situation would not be happening.