Magazine limits? Ask this guy.

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

Magazine limits? Ask this guy.

Post by AlanM »

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

This cop's experience and the 56 SECOND shootout that ensued would make a GREAT TV movie but the anti-gun left would never produce it.

I'd quote the article but it's all riveting and is a quick read.
Please note that this article is o a site devoted to LEOs so it's obvious to me that cops DO understand that magazine limits aren't a good thing.

Old military pilot saying: "The only time you have too much ammunition or fuel is when you are on fire."
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Magazine limits? Ask this guy.

Post by sodbuster95 »

At one point Gramins heard a doctor exclaim, “We may as well stop. Every bag of blood we give him ends up on the floor. This guy’s like Swiss cheese. Why’d that cop have to shoot him so many times!”
:roll:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
sunfish valley

Post by sunfish valley »

life lessons, good read
SUNFISHVALLEYCCW
NRA MEMBER
NRA INSTRUCTOR
NRA RSO
Ohio Hunter Education Instructor
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Was the LEO wasn't using HP ammo?
14 hits with a .45 Cal and still fighting is a real rare scenario I would guess.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

The suspect was in the street on the other side of the car. “I could see him by looking under the chassis,” Gramins recalls. “I tried a couple of ricochet rounds that didn’t connect. Then I told myself, ‘Hey, I need to slow down and aim better.’ ”
Ayup
Before the shooting, Gramins routinely carried 47 rounds of handgun ammo on his person, including two extra magazines for his Glock 21 and 10 rounds loaded in a backup gun attached to his vest, a 9 mm Glock 26.

Now unfailingly he goes to work carrying 145 handgun rounds, all 9 mm. These include three extra 17-round magazines for his primary sidearm (currently a Glock 17), plus two 33-round mags tucked in his vest, as well as the backup gun. Besides all that, he’s got 90 rounds for the AR-15 that now rides in a rack up front.

Paranoia?

Gramins shook his head and said “Preparation.”
Has he worked on the aiming better thing ??
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).