Trump, Gun Free Zones and Day One

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Trump, Gun Free Zones and Day One

Post by bignflnut »

A brief synopsis of how we got to this point in America (great article, highly recommend, bold in the original not added for emphasis)
Let’s start with the loss of morality. This is the north star of behavior, the bellwether of decency, the certainty of right and wrong. Morality is what C.S. Lewis in “The Abolition of Man” called the Tao — “the doctrine of objective value, the belief that certain attitudes are really true, and others really false, to the kind of thing the universe is and the kind of things we are.” In other words, it was that force which existed independent of man but embedded in him that impelled our Founders to describe certain inalienable rights as “self-evident.” The Tao was not created by religion, but rather was the reason why religions existed. It is what our Founders called Natural Law.

So what went wrong? In a word, education. In two words, “progressive education.” For the first hundred years or so of our nation’s history, education served its usual purpose of reinforcing social norms, teaching values and passing on the heritage and traditions that bind us together. All of that began to change in the 1880s, thanks in large part to one man — John Dewey, the godfather of progressive education, who insisted on teaching children what they want to learn instead of what they should learn. Essentially, what the progressive education movement wanted to accomplish — and did accomplish by the 1960s — was to jettison traditional values and replace them with transient values (those which each generation or even each student adopted individually). This meant that society was no longer tethered to the Tao. Morality had become relative. Education had switched from being a method of reinforcing social conventions and standards to uprooting them.

SNIP

A recurring theme in “How We Got Here” is that the Constitution no longer means what it says it means, but rather what any five Supreme Court justices say it means. These justices have a remarkable knack for discovering new powers for the government hidden in nooks and crannies of the document that somehow were missed previously. Under such a scenario, the Constitution becomes a tool for social engineering rather than a protection against government excess, as was originally intended.

It too is all part of the plan.
After all, judges are lawyers, and lawyers are graduated from law schools, and the top law-school students come from the top Ivy League and radical-left colleges, and most radical college students come from public schools, and public schools are to progressivism what politics is to the swamp. You can thank John Dewey, and you can thank Bill Ayers, who after he returned to public view, became an influential educator of educators at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

In “Prairie Fire,” Ayers outlined how the revolution would transform America. Yes, violence would play a role. Yes, bankrupting the system by increasing dependence on government would play a role. Yes, spurring foreign wars to spread America’s military too thin would play a role. Yes, encouraging division among the races would be part of it, as would weakening the influence of religion on the masses, but if you wanted to win the revolution, Ayers made it perfectly clear how to begin: “The real question is: Who will control the schools?”

How did we get here? The answer by now should be obvious.
For years, I've been reassured that there are no conspiracies, that Americans are virtuous and pure, that their elected officials are acting solely on the behalf of the constituents and citizens who may or may not have voted for them...

Are we ready to wake up and smell what they are shoveling yet?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Worried about Klingon00. He hasn't been heard from in nearly a week.

Skip all that we're saying here back and forth... Does anyone know if he's well? Can someone check on him?
If you see this K00, please let everyone know you're ok.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Klingon00 SIGNED IN!

HEY! HEY!

You ok, sir?

Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Hey bignflnut, I sent you a PM. Lots been going on, more than I want to get into here but I'm ok and appreciate the concern.
bignflnut wrote: The temptation for conservatives will be to fully embrace government power in order to stop the leftists, but if we refuse to support martial law measures, if we demand or assert alternative solutions (such as community based security), if we stand by our principles of limited government and if we fight back against the globalists specifically instead of only focusing on the political left, then there is a chance we can stop them from taking control. That said, if we bow to government power and hand over our freedom just to defeat the leftists, then we will lose the greater battle against globalism in the long run.
I've been doing some thinking about similar things lately. I see where you're coming from and that assessment you quote doesn't seem far off the mark based on everything I'm seeing. In fact its a trend that has been very concerning to me. One thing that is very clear from these past 4 years is that things in Washington have been far worse than most could have imagined. The country being so divided means that clear victories will be frustratingly few. People are getting impatient and they are turning towards dark places... in both parties.

A wiser man than me used to remind us here on the forum years ago, "politics is a process of abrasion". I've grown to take that to heart and understand we must keep the pressure on moving progress forward even when suffering setbacks, be tireless and vigilant. Often the anger and outrage from the left is an indication of Trump's success in grinding down their constant attempts at thwarting him.

I'm hopeful that what we are seeing from the left is more of a last hurrah of a tantrum run its course than the final pieces of a grand conspiracy coming together. I absolutely expect that regardless of who is victorious come November, there will be violence in the streets. That's a given and takes no special powers of clairvoyance. I'm hopeful that America will come to reject that violence.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

On the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, President Trump announced that he would sign a full and complete pardon for women’s suffrage leader Susan B. Anthony, who was arrested for illegally voting in 1872 presidential election and found guilty by an all-male jury.
This clown, in the middle of this historic preamble to chaos, prioritizes THIS?

Pander to women, though we've given all of our institutions to effeminate thinking.

Hello darkened understanding.

We've captured the White House, so that we can pardon crimes committed 140 years ago!
Hallelujah!

This is more important than gun free zones, Mrs. and Mrs. America.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

This chap brings up an interesting thought experiment, particularly as we think of SCOTUS, the Administrative State, etc...regarding the efficacy of the federal ballot box (& perhaps others).

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

HOOORAY!!
At the direction of President Trump, the White House Office of Management and Budget will move to identify and eliminate any trace of “critical race theory” in the federal government.

Critical race theory is the leftist, racist doctrine that forms the intellectual underpinnings of Black Lives Matter, Antifa, and other radical organizations currently engaged in unrest on America’s streets.

It alleges, among other things, that the United States is a white supremacist country, and that all white people are guilty of racism, whether they intend it or not.

President Trump has brought the issue of far-left indoctrination to the forefront of the national conversation in recent months. It was a major theme of the President’s Independence Day speech at Mt. Rushmore, in which he condemned far-left theories that “defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children.”

Russ Vought, director of the Office of Management and Budget, announced on Twitter that the Trump administration will bring any dabbling in such theories by the federal government to a swift end.

The days of taxpayer funded indoctrination trainings that sow division and racism are over. Under the direction of @POTUS we are directing agencies to halt critical race theory trainings immediately.https://t.co/dyMeJka9rt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

— Russ Vought (@RussVought45) September 4, 2020
THIS is leadership!

(should have been done DAY ONE instead of smacking Kaepernick around on twitter ...but better late than never)

Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

In hopes of getting back on topic and picking up where we left off...
bignflnut wrote: Show me that candidate and I vow to grant them my vote. Have I not said this repeatedly? This is not the candidate you profess to vote for. You're lying to yourself, you've got a politicalStockholm Syndrome and attempt to infect others with it.
We have limited choices and candidates. This is the system and reality that we live in. We don't usually get our first pick and perfect people/candidates don't exist. I've asked you repeatedly to name your perfect candidate and you've avoided providing me one. The reality is we must choose between the options or stay home. Staying home lets your political opponents have a large say in what happens in this country. The way we improve what options we have to choose from is to get involved in the primary or even before primaries to make sure people we want get nominated. I'll agree, sometimes we don't have a viable choice. That's life. Complaining about that in a forum isn't furthering your political goals as much as getting involved in supporting your candidates early in the process to help improve their chances.
bignflnut wrote: You have no candidates on the national level with the courage to carry forward a positive agenda (See 2020 America: Where Tucker says that our 2A has never been under greater attack) . The GOP is not the party of principle. The Dems have principles, at least, and push their agenda with some level of honesty (advocating citizen disarmament, MMT and abortion openly). Here's a report on the GOP and the advisors in these candidates ears.
Klingon00 wrote:Again, elections have consequences. Not showing up means we lose by default.
Disagree. Voting for squishes like Kasich, DeWhine, Romney, McCain, Trump, Bush, etc, means we lose by default. Even if "our team" wins in November, they don't govern to our satisfaction -- they keep us on a mental type of life support, where our Natural Right muscles are atrophied and we rely on them for water via a feeding tube.
I believe you are missing a very large component of what has been going on politically in this country and you show it by lumping all those names together unironically. "Squishes" like Kasich, DeWine, Romney, McCain, and Bush all have something in common. They all detest Trump and have actively worked to undermine him at every chance they get. I'm not sure if you've been aware of something called the Lincoln project or followed the DNC convention in which several people with an (R) after their name came on camera and spoke out against Trump, and not because he was too far left for them. It's because he is different, he opposes the status quo and is directly standing in the way of the deep state getting its way and that is now on display for everyone to see. I believe the biggest reason they were at the DNC is because if Trump wins another term, he will pick the next supreme court nominee, possibly breaking the gridlock. The main reason the court is in gridlock right now is because of Bush appointee Roberts who seems to be mostly in lockstep with the DNC viewpoints.

Let's look at some of the names promised to be considered by Trump for people he would nominate and how they stand on 2A issues (where they are known).

Ted Cruz of Texas - Very Pro 2A
Tom Cotton of Arkansas - Very Pro 2A
Josh Hawley of Missouri - "Supports unrestricted 2A carry rights" yet did argue for Bumpstock ban.
Noel Francisco, Admins top Supreme Court Lawer - Has been critical of SC abdication on 2A issues but argued for bumpstock ban.
Daniel Cameron of Kentucky - Pro 2A
Bridget Bade, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals - Pro 2A
Paul Clement, former U.S. solicitor general - Pro 2A
James Ho, 5th Circuit judge - Pro 2A
Carlos Muniz, Florida Supreme Court - Struck down gun bans
Lawrence Van Dyke, 9th Circuit judge - Opposed private sale background checks
bignflnut wrote:Can you make the case that 4 more years is going to be better for us than my proposal?
The above list is what's at stake here. We need to push for a strong 2A supreme court pick. We have a good chance with Trump. We have zero chance with Biden.
bignflnut wrote:
Klingon00 wrote:If the republic isn't worth saving,...
I didn't say that. I'm asserting that the path to saving the republic is not to continue electing feckless reality star idiots, but men of sturdy principles who comprehend what's at stake and how to win our Liberty. I encourage you to either agree with me on that point and show me who you plan to vote for, or publicly recognize that we don't have that option in either the GOP or the Democrat party nominee for POTUS 2020.
Look above. Trump has compiled a list that includes men of sturdy principles that we need on the supreme court. As we see in places like Portland where law enforcement leadership is so bold as to uphold the laws differently depending on where you are politically, we need to stop this now. We can't have a country where the left is let free anytime they commit violence but the law abiding are locked up or murdered for peacefully exercising rights. You may not be aware but Trump has been packing the lower courts with his nominees. We may already be seeing the effects as traditionally, lost courts like the 9th circuit have begun making some sense again.
bignflnut wrote:I agree, a house divided will fall to insiders (who are really outsiders, let's be honest) and genuine outsiders. We must reassert the principles and ideals of America, if it is to survive.

This is something we both agree on. At the end of the day, Americans fighting among ourselves is only helping the enemies of America.
bignflnut wrote:Unelected lifetime appointed judges? Haven't I heard this for the last 30-40 years? Where has it gotten us? 21 of the 28 previous SCOTUS justices have been appointed by dudes carrying the R behind their names. Why will the next 30-40 years be different?

We've got 4 to take up 2A cases on SCOTUS now and they won't do it...they're not upholding the Constitution...because we're not upholding the Constitution, which brings me back to my solution...
Why will this be different? Because Trump is different. Look to who is opposing him and why. Is Trump perfect? Absolutely not. But he has been the first chance in 30-40 years to make a real change in this country. I don't believe in a million years, any other (R) president would have seriously considered someone like Ted Cruz. Certainly not anyone named 'Bush'.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

OMG...

Posting ANYTHING using the English alphabet phonetic characters ''t r u m p'' , continues the virtually 100% soliloquy.

You've guaranteed many more weeks of same :P .
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Klingon00 wrote:
I believe you are missing a very large component of what has been going on politically in this country and you show it by lumping all those names together unironically. "Squishes" like Kasich, DeWine, Romney, McCain, and Bush all have something in common. They all detest Trump and have actively worked to undermine him at every chance they get. I'm not sure if you've been aware of something called the Lincoln project or followed the DNC convention in which several people with an (R) after their name came on camera and spoke out against Trump, and not because he was too far left for them. It's because he is different, he opposes the status quo and is directly standing in the way of the deep state getting its way and that is now on display for everyone to see. I believe the biggest reason they were at the DNC is because if Trump wins another term, he will pick the next supreme court nominee, possibly breaking the gridlock. The main reason the court is in gridlock right now is because of Bush appointee Roberts who seems to be mostly in lockstep with the DNC viewpoints.
And is your logic not exactly what gave us Roberts? We must vote R because they're not the DNC? That's how we got W Bush. Couldn't have the D. MUST VOTE R. This bowing to fear is what devalues our vote. We should be blowing Dewhine out of office 3 months ago, but we can't, because he's our boy and we can't admit mistakes like this....it would degrade our next cycle of fearmongering prior to the election.

I don't disagree that much of the legal framework has been placed at the feet of 9 unelected, lifetime appointed, unaccountable people, and that this is a large flashpoint. However, these people don't decide appropriations. November 2020 is much more about the economy and how we're going to navigate The Great (Societal) Reset than anything else. While I hope, as you do, that Trump is actually someone who will lead and adhere to American Principles, there is scant evidence over the last 4 years to suggest that he will.

Klingon00 wrote: Let's look at some of the names promised to be considered by Trump for people he would nominate and how they stand on 2A issues (where they are known).

SNIP

The above list is what's at stake here. We need to push for a strong 2A supreme court pick. We have a good chance with Trump. We have zero chance with Biden.
More promises to consider. I tell my wife that I promise to consider cleaning the toilet, what does it mean?
So you're tellin me there's a chance?
This tenacious clinging to the slimmest of hopes is how far we've fallen as a people. While we're locked down and have main street decimated, we hope that SCOTUS will save the day.

He's had two shots at this and are you duly impressed?
bignflnut wrote:
Klingon00 wrote:If the republic isn't worth saving,...
I didn't say that. I'm asserting that the path to saving the republic is not to continue electing feckless reality star idiots, but men of sturdy principles who comprehend what's at stake and how to win our Liberty. I encourage you to either agree with me on that point and show me who you plan to vote for, or publicly recognize that we don't have that option in either the GOP or the Democrat party nominee for POTUS 2020.
Look above. Trump has compiled a list that includes men of sturdy principles that we need on the supreme court. As we see in places like Portland where law enforcement leadership is so bold as to uphold the laws differently depending on where you are politically, we need to stop this now. We can't have a country where the left is let free anytime they commit violence but the law abiding are locked up or murdered for peacefully exercising rights. You may not be aware but Trump has been packing the lower courts with his nominees. We may already be seeing the effects as traditionally, lost courts like the 9th circuit have begun making some sense again.[/quote]

SCOTUS ain't going to Portland. These two things have nothing to do with each other. I agree that the destructive looting and rioting, despite being called "peaceful protest" should be quashed. However, the feds are not going to step in and save the local sandwich and coffee shop. Attack a federal building and yeah, they'll defend the stuff they obtained with our coercively captured currency. SCOTUS has nothing to do with stopping Bigots Like Marxism.

What SCOTUS does do is hand out the Chevron defense where they automatically favor the government's argument over and against our friends at FPC or GOA regarding Trumpstock Bans. Dr Phil asks How's that working out for you?

It's a cool list. And hey, each night the RNC opened with moving prayers even though "God Bless America" was nowhere in the Covid Task Force pressers.

This shutdown is going to be considered one of the biggest blunders in POTUS history. When the moment came, he called the governors and taught them how to shut it all down. He incentivized the hospitals to call everything and everyone a Covid patient. You can keep saying that he's different, but how many trillions in new spending is "Republican"? It's campaign time and he sings us a happy little tune. We forget that he did not Lock Her Up, Champion RKBA, etc. Now he promises to consider thinking about certain people and we can't vote fast enough.

I'm glad to hear you don't think he's perfect (where did you disagree with him?), but this line of thinking is exactly how we got Roberts and so many of the other bad apples who never had to gain a vote from we the People.

Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Trump is very different from Bush and Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh are not John Roberts.

This event makes what I said all the more important: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=94779" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

The list you gave left Barbara Lagoa and Amy Coney Barrett off of it (reported front runners)...but be sure he promised to consider the people you listed...

https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/stat ... 7442604033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As we praise and hail SCOTUS / TRUMP as saviors...one individual succumbed to the rigors of the system regardless of these RKBA Champions:
An Omaha bar owner who fatally shot a protester in May — during the weekend riots across the country following the death of George Floyd — has allegedly died by suicide after being indicted last week on charges involving the incident.

Jake Gardner, from The Hive bar in Omaha, Nebraska, has committed suicide after being indicted for manslaughter, use of a deadly weapon to commit a felony, attempted first-degree assault, and terroristic threats last week, according to a report by KETV NewsWatch 7.

In June, Breitbart News initially reported that no charges would be filed against Gardner, who fatally shot protester James Scurlock during the third night of nationwide riots across the United States in the wake of the death of George Floyd.

The Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine had concluded that Gardner acted in self-defense and therefore did not file charges. Just days ago, however, a grand jury decided to indict the bar owner.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Quick question: How are you going to take a sitting senator (Cruz, Cotton, Hawley?) -- a guaranteed yes-- and put them up for the nomination when you need every single vote you currently have, and probably the VP as tie-breaker just to get 50 votes?

But, you know, he thought about thinking about doing this...so, we should all take a double shot of irish whiskey and sing a merry limerick.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Klingon00 wrote:Trump is very different from Bush and Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh are not John Roberts.
Assertion noted, though the proof to back it up is difficult to find as you didn't show your math.

Kavanaugh, 55, is viewed by many as the would-be new swing voter, with Gorsuch also potentially being more receptive to environmental arguments than the other members of the conservative wing — Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas.

SNIP

Court watchers also noted that in some cases, Gorsuch could represent a swing vote — or at least be receptive to arguments from environmentalists.

"Gorsuch could still surprise in some cases where tribal and environmental issues intersect or where the government conduct insults his sense of proper statutory interpretation and administrative procedure," Parenteau said. "That could cut either way depending on who is in office."

This is admitting Roberts is a non-conservative vote and that Alito/Thomas are the only guaranteed opposition, which is to say that Trump's nominees are pliable and not the original-ists that we were told they were.

How do you feel about the Early September list being entirely discarded in favor of ACB?

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Now come the smears that Trump is not really a very good businessman, using these corporations / businesses to finance a very shiny façade. #ShockedFace :roll:

The funny thing is that the left thinks people Love Trump and he can be wounded by these attacks. The truth is that nobody doubts this - he's a charlatan, a cheat, a scoundrel, etc and this is what makes him endearing to the right. They love that he's not a man of sturdy principle! Somehow, having not supported anyone of sturdy principle to fight the left, we've encouraged this joker to come forward and just put up the fight. People on the RIGHT call him chemotherapy, for crying out loud. Who volunteers for chemo?!!?