‘Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife’ (#BANeverything)

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

‘Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife’ (#BANeverything)

Post by bignflnut »

Police departments in the UK, urging people to give up their blades, including those from the kitchen, are literally advising people to NOT to become a victim by NOT defending themselves:

Don’t be a victim

If you feel you are in immediate danger from knife crime there are a number of steps you can take to protect yourself:
• Move away from the situation towards a public place (shop, house, restaurant etc.) as quickly as possible.
• Make as much noise as you can.
• Instead of carrying a knife, carry a personal alarm.
• Don’t fight back.
Wait, I'm not supposed to "be a victim", BUT I'm not supposed to "fight back"
Orwell, paging Mr. Orwell...
Does your boyfriend, girlfriend, partner or someone in your family carry a knife?

If you have an argument could they turn it on you? If you are frightened that someone you know may harm you with a blade or you are being hurt by someone you love and don't know what to do, there are lots of people and organisations that want to help and can help you.
Are shaving razors forbidden in this land? What about scissors?

Do you have a heavy object in your home, or a chair, a scotch bottle ... and could your roommate or family member place it upside yo mellon? Do you have a toilet (loo) or bath or sink somewhere that someone could hold your head in?...A pillow you could be smothered with?...

You have to click on the first link to see the plastic knife sign...

But remember, antis don't want to take away your guns/knives/sharp or heavy thingys that can hurt people...but our detestable Jack the Ripper culture...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
HancockCountyHAl

Re: ‘Save a Life, Surrender Your Knife’ (#BANeverything)

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Liberals here will never give up THEIR knives. I have to laugh whenever I go out to eat and see them with a glass of red wine in one hand and waving around a steak knife in the other.
HancockCountyHaL
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

ONLY COWARDS CARRY.

I guess cowards never need to open boxes or trim their nails.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

More here.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... rds-carry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We’ve all see the bloviators and the trolls, the same ones who seem to think they’re being original invoking Markley’s Law, insisting (generally anonymously) that anyone who won’t take on all comers with his fists is less than a man in terms of both fortitude and prowess.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
keepitsimple
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by keepitsimple »

Guys, guys, guys, come on now. You don't NEED to fight back, just give 'em what they're asking for and they'll go away. No need to cause a fuss. People don't just WANT to kill other people, that's nonsense! We're British! People die in muggings because they were being difficult, that's all. Just give the baddie what he wants and away he goes, and it's all good. Pip Pip. Right-o.

Besides, soon enough you'll just be able to stop by the local Gov't. store and pick up new stuff to replace whatever was taken from you free of charge! All provided to you by the State!! No need to cling to those old ratty "personal" possessions, the State will provide you with everything you need!

..... just do your part.
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

keepitsimple wrote:Guys, guys, guys, come on now. You don't NEED to fight back,
Don't be a victim + Don't fight back = ???
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Part of the reason that gun control is useless is because guns are so easy to manufacture and smuggle.

A shiv is probably one of the easiest weapons a human can make, besides simply picking up a stick or a rock off the ground. What good does a knife ban or a drop-off bin really do?

Unfortunately as with most leftist policies, its not about efficacy, its about how it makes them feel.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

evan price wrote:Image

ONLY COWARDS CARRY.

I guess cowards never need to open boxes or trim their nails.
If you think about it, the true cowards are the anti gun or anti knife crowd. They are essentially afraid of everyone or anyone with a weapon, regardless of who has the weapons or what they are doing or not doing with it. (an irrational fear) I think Jeff Cooper called it hoblophobia.

The last time I went to Court days in Mt. Sterling Ky, (several yrs ago) I felt like I was the only one there without some kind of weapon. I also felt much safer than any CPZ I've ever been in. Amazingly I and thousands of other people survived the weekend. :roll:
charliej47
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by charliej47 »

I went to Court days in Mt. Sterling Ky, this fall and I only had my primary, my backup and a pocket knife and I felt like I was WAY underdressed!
Charles Johnson Jr
12GA. pump - Home defense
40 Cal. Main Carry
380 BUG
22lr Live fire practice
The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!
I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Everyone who receives the protection of society owes a return for the benefit. John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(English economist & philosopher. 1806 - 1873)
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

charliej47 wrote:I went to Court days in Mt. Sterling Ky, this fall and I only had my primary, my backup and a pocket knife and I felt like I was WAY underdressed!
I know what you mean. Although everyone was pretty nonchalant about it, the funniest thing I saw was some women who probably had never been there before. She went up to a cop standing around watching something, and breathlessly exclaimed she saw someone walking around with "one of those AK47 assault rifles." He asked her what the guy was doing with it, how was he holding it? She said he was just carrying it around with the barrel up toward the air. I thought he was going to explain to her that it wasn't illegal, but he then asked, "How much does he want for it?" She gave him a funny look and said, "I don't know," and he replied that was very important information, that he was working and didn't have time to go shopping right then. I thought it was :lol: but she didn't.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Now that's my kind of cop, M-Quigley! I guess there was a time many of the rural counties had something like Court Days at least once a year at the county seat.

London Ky has a peddlers' row behind the stock yards every Tuesday morning spring through fall. Sadly, not much gun swapping there now; feds started trying to get people to engage in interstate sales then lean on them to help catch others. Even if a few old shotguns changed homes across state lines between two good old boy farmers, what was the real harm? Some of those codgers were swappin' shootin' irons long before the Gun Control Act of 1968.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Naticarry

Post by Naticarry »

Brian D. wrote:Now that's my kind of cop, M-Quigley! I guess there was a time many of the rural counties had something like Court Days at least once a year at the county seat.

London Ky has a peddlers' row behind the stock yards every Tuesday morning spring through fall. Sadly, not much gun swapping there now; feds started trying to get people to engage in interstate sales then lean on them to help catch others. Even if a few old shotguns changed homes across state lines between two good old boy farmers, what was the real harm? Some of those codgers were swappin' shootin' irons long before the Gun Control Act of 1968.
I always thought the rules in the 68 GCA were interesting when taken into modern context. Why did they require background checks for cross state transactions but not for intra-state transactions? The only answer I can put together is that back then they still took the commerce clause with at least a little seriousness. I suspect if the GCA was passed today that "loop-hole" wouldn't even be thought of.
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ray81 »

Anti gunners hate facts.
I've been to both london and paris and I could never live there.
Both cities have high crime rates. While the tourist areas felt safe when I went there prior to Paris attacks, or perhaps i just got lucky nothing happened to me. There are many dangerous areas in both cities.

Home invasions are common in london. The bad guys know you don't have a gun.

Knife attacks are plentyful. Again you don't need a knife to kill someone. ANY object including fists and legs can cause death.

I feel sorry for the law abiding citizens of uk and Paris, especially elderly, women and children.
ohioborntexan

Post by ohioborntexan »

Now is the time. ISIS could go through London with just four teams of five members each performing as many quick hit and run attacks as they could and it would paralyze the city if not the entire country. The Brits are a special kind of stupid for getting themselves set up like turkeys with their necks stretched across the chopping block.
God bless America, and please hurry!

When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Pa. — A woman used a bra to restrain a victim during a burglary after finding people in a house that was supposed to be empty, police said.

Jeremy Appleton and Andrea Roton broke into the home July 19 believing the family had gone to the airport, WJAC reported. However, three juveniles were inside, Explore Jefferson reported.

Roton used a bra to restrain a victim, while the couple ransacked the house, stealing an undisclosed amount of prescription medication and eating food out of the cupboards.

I'd guess that more crimes have been committed using a brassiere (at least this one) than have been committed with a bump stock (allegedly one in history).

Time for congressional hearings and outrage! Who wants to ban these?