Obama vs Clinton re guns

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Terry Wolf

Obama vs Clinton re guns

Post by Terry Wolf »

MSNBC News' web page today quoted The Washington Post on their article entitled Clinton-Obama differences clear in votes.

The article mentioned a recent senate vote regarding the confiscation of legally owned firearms in times of emergency. This was regarding the fiasco in New Orleans.

Clinton favored the proposed confiscation law. Obama opposed it.

Here's the link but it likely will get stale quickly--

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16421522/
Old Coastie.
Ohio CC License issued April 2004.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

For me virtually everything that comes from the Washington Post is somewhere between stale, and rotten-with-the-stench-of-festering-death, but thanks for the warning anyhow! :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

Obama sounds like Osama and Clinton sounds like Clinton. So if those are the two front runners for the Democratic presidential candidate, Republicans have got a lock on name recognition alone! 8)

Even knowing that Hillary is the devil himself, I'm surprised she voted against the confiscation ban. About as surprised that we need laws to confirm what I find to be common sense that in times of chaos is when a citizen needs the ability to defend himself the most.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Tither

Post by Tither »

Hillary Clinton on Gun Control
. Keep guns away from people who shouldn’t have them. (Sep 2000)
· Limit access to weapons; look for early warning signs. (Sep 2000)
· License and register all handgun sales. (Jun 2000)
· Tough gun control keeps guns out of wrong hands. (Jul 1999)
· Gun control protects our children. (Jul 1999)
· Don’t water down sensible gun control legislation. (Jul 1999)
· Lock up guns; store ammo separately. (Jun 1999)
· Ban kids’ unsupervised access to guns. (Jun 1999)
· Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
The Democratic Party has come a very long way especially here in Ohio and has garnered gun owners support because of it. So I do not mean this as a slap to those who support us. I did however think the 2000 Democratic Party platform helped explain what Hillary means when she says what she does above.

2000 Democratic National Platform
Strong and Sensible Gun Laws. A shocking level of gun violence on our streets and in our schools has shown America the need to keep guns away from those who shouldn't have them - in ways that respect the rights of hunters, sportsmen, and legitimate gun owners. The Columbine tragedy struck America's heart, but in its wake Republicans have done nothing to keep guns away from those who should not have them.

Democrats believe that we should fight gun crime on all fronts - with stronger laws and stronger enforcement. That's why Democrats fought and passed the Brady Law and the Assault Weapons Ban. We increased federal, state, and local gun crime prosecution by 22 percent since 1992. Now gun crime is down by 35 percent.

Now we must do even more. We need mandatory child safety locks, to protect our children. We should require a photo license I.D., a full background check, and a gun safety test to buy a new handgun in America. We support more federal gun prosecutors, ATF agents and inspectors, and giving states and communities another 10,000 prosecutors to fight gun crime.
Sobering isn’t it?
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Tither wrote: 2000 Democratic National Platform
Sobering isn’t it?
I don't know, kinda makes me crave a drink. :?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
djf8653

Post by djf8653 »

The one thing the politicians fail to realize,along with the anti-gunners,is you cannot stop someone from doing something they want to do.Criminals will always have guns,they will steal them,import them,and make them.No laws or amount of enforcement will ever take the guns out of their hands and those that think it will are foolish.I find it funny that people think by passing these laws they will be safe(fools),Their are people out there capable of causing more harm and damage with nothing more then a fist and here they are no gun to defend themselves.I know right words wrong site,it is just mindblowing.
Another thing I find strange is that politicians are public elected,meaning they work for the public by direction of the public?.Why does it seem like once they are in office they no longer listen to the public but do what their political peers want instead.It might just be me but it is just something to talk about.
We the willing led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little. We are well qualified to do anything with nothing
- unknown-
Terry Wolf

Post by Terry Wolf »

Today's news headlines are saying the Obama v Clinton race is creating a dilemma for democratic party officials.

One definition of the word "Dilemma" is--A choice between unsatisfactory alternatives.

Bingo!
Old Coastie.
Ohio CC License issued April 2004.
Sasquatch.45

Post by Sasquatch.45 »

I got a litle prematurely excited here, I thought the topic was Obama vs Clinton WITH guns... :twisted:
I would have encouraged them both to practice extensively, ...and use those evil-super expanding hollow-point bullets...
No law of prohibition ever prevented a crime of violence, They simply provide a framework for punishment for those who fail to commit suicide after going postal.

The devil never made me do anything…However, he did have a couple of really cool ideals…
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

Sorry, but after I looked at Obama's voting record in Illinois, I almost have to think that he is even worse. (What do you think of a law that makes sure that owners of "banned" guns cannot claim self-defense even if the actions were otherwise justified?)
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"