Nancy Pelosi Trying to Limit Grassroots Activism?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OldManTod
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by OldManTod »

Daniel wrote:
Vex wrote:If this starts happening, all we have to do is go to a few of the gay rights groups and say, "Hey, do you really want the people you elected forcing you to give a list of your members to the government? Why would you want the government to have a list of all the gay people in America?"
I wonder if the newspapers would then print the list of names?
There is a joke in here about handguns, but I am just not going to go there...

- T
"I feel sorry for you people who do not drink, when you wake up in the morning, that is as good as you are going to feel all day." - Dean
mauser

Post by mauser »

SeanC wrote:It won't fly in the courts - I wouldn't get too concerned about it.

That's what most said about Campaign Finince Reform.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Of late, our Courts have been very approachable by those who advocate things like ex-post-facto laws (Lautenberg), or First Amendment curbs (McCain-Feingold).

I have little confidence in Pelosi's restrictions not making it there too....

The Supreme Court is a little better now than it was, but....

We need to get this agenda into the news. Joe Sixpack is going to wake up some morning and find out that subscribing to a newspaper (gotta get those sports scores) is illegal....

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם