Comply with the Anti's and buy 1 gun a month?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

Comply with the Anti's and buy 1 gun a month?

Post by Tither »

This is sad news!

Now what am I to tell my wife? I have been telling my wife that it is a law in some states that the people MUST buy one gun a month, and it is a fact that the anti-gun people think this is the best policy. That is why I try and do my level best and try to buy one gun a month. I do it only to make the Anti-gunners happy! Kind of a, Lets do it for the Anti-gunners, and make them happy campaign.:)

Turns out gun law isn't bulletproof
Jersey City's one-gun-a-month ordinance has been shot down.

Hudson County Superior Court Judge Maurice Gallipoli, calling the law "arbitrary and capricious," ruled last week the five-month-old city ordinance violated New Jersey's equal treatment principle, since gun dealers and buyers in Jersey City would be treated differently than elsewhere in the state.
Lets see I am 59 now. And even with the current laws I have been more than 21 for 38 years. So according to the dictates of the Anti-gunners it should be OK with them if I own a minimum of 456 firearms since I have been 59 for 3 more months. :)

Personally if the Anti's want us to buy one gun a month, I think it is only fair that they all be required to chip in and help us financially to comply with their wishes. :lol:
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

California has a law that previously limited me to one handgun per month. I must say that the law kept me from overspending.

I ended up buying some more inexpensive mil-surp rifles to console myself. I also ended up being frustrated and ended up with way to many impulsive ammo purchases.

I'm not 100% sure what the law is intends to accomplish. In either case, California still had a problem with illegal firearm sales/purchases.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

Watched a guy at the gunshow today. He walked out with at least 6 guns that he bought today.

The anti-gunners shoul;d be happer for about 6 months then . RIGHT?
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS