Anyone have problems using Tannerite in Ohio/Union County?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jcims

Anyone have problems using Tannerite in Ohio/Union County?

Post by jcims »

Hey all,

I just received my case of Tannerite (exploding targets). Has anyone had problems with law enforcement or anyone else when shooting these targets? I'm thinking about sending a quick note to the sheriff, but i'm not sure i want to hear his answer. From a safety perspective we're in excellent shape, i'm just worried about folks reporting the noise.

Thoughts?
mauser

Post by mauser »

If they are not against a local ordinance, who cares what the neighbors think? They can buy their own.
"a CHL license is either a "license" or a "permit," but you'd never call a CHL your "balogney pony." It's pretty far out there."
--VEX
Glockulator

Re: Anyone have problems using Tannerite in Ohio/Union Count

Post by Glockulator »

jcims wrote:Hey all,

I just received my case of Tannerite (exploding targets). Has anyone had problems with law enforcement...
WHO CARES!?! I'LL BE RIGHT OVER b/c I WANNA SEE THIS!! KEWL!!!

ps.
i shoot all the time in union co. out at the farm
no one cares (so far)
Beekeeper

Post by Beekeeper »

Depends on your neighbors. My brother has a friend that shoots a full scale 6-pounder Civil War cannon on his farm. Just talk to your neighbors and let them know what you're doing.

Have fun! :D
When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour.
.George Washington
jcims

Post by jcims »

Hey all,

Didn't realize this thread got any love. To follow up, as Glockulator mentioned above, there aren't any real issues. I traded emails with the Union County Sheriff just to get his thoughts and he got back to me (fairly quickly) with, in effect: 'its fine, just use your head'.

That's all!
Glockulator

Post by Glockulator »

jcims - thanks for the follow up!
you made it back to post, so it sounds as if all went o.k.
jcims

Post by jcims »

the 'big' shoot is probably a month away...need to wait until things firm up a little.

going to do my first PPC shoot in Richwood this Saturday. i'm a complete n00b, should be fun. :)