Burglars have rights too, says Attorney General

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Tither

Post by Tither »

The English newspaper the Telegraph came out in favor of allowing the law-abiding homeowner to use reasonable force when confronting burglars in their homes. Here is what their attorney General said in response.

He said that criminals must also have the right to protection from violence, prompting David Davis, the shadow home secretary, to accuse the government of being dangerously split on the issue.

Lord Goldsmith's intervention came as Sir John Stevens, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, dismissed fears that giving homeowners greater freedom when tackling burglars would lead to an "arms race" that would put them in greater danger.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Just another honest criminal, doing another honest day's work -- in the view of a politician!
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
sabalo
Deceased
Deceased

Rights

Post by sabalo »

And the difference between a burglar and a politician is....?
One is just more upfront about being a crook.
======================================================
The beatings will continue until morale improves !

"It's bowb your buddy week."
Harry Harrison - DEATHWORLD

Let's all remember that 9 Bengals were arrested in a 9 month period !
(Source-ESPN)

Jerk Herder®
DWCol

Post by DWCol »

I can't believe these people actually believe the crap they're spewing. All citizens have certain rights... but the moment you choose to enter my home against my will, you've just voluntarily suspended a few of them, my friend. If you don't like it, don't break into my house, idiot.
haspelbein

Post by haspelbein »

They have the right to be met with adequate force. Not too little, not excessive, but adequate force. ;)
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

What is really hard to believe that this is the same country that what, about 60 years ago stood up to Nazi Germany! When every other European country had fallen. Or allied with Germany. Now in 2 generations they have become total sheep.
Last edited by Whirlwind06 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MeanStreaker
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MeanStreaker »

Our country has a serious prison population problem. There have been a few suggestions to help out. I now propose a new one:

Instead of jail time, let's deport every violent, convicted felon to the UK. We get rid of them, the English get more people to nanny, and the criminals get a more hospitable work environment.

Everyone wins!
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." --Thomas Paine
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

That sounds like a great idea Meanstreaker! I think the first criminal we deport should be Boob Taft. :lol:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Rights

Post by oldmic »

sabalo wrote:And the difference between a burglar and a politician is....?
One is just more upfront about being a crook.
One has to break in to his "workplace", the other is probably driven there in a limo. :)
dan_sayers

Post by dan_sayers »

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. You can steal silverware and stereos, but there is no pricetag on peace of mind.
"Moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue." - Ann Coulter
"Liberalism is part of a religious disorder that demands a belief that life is controllable." - Ann Coulter
By their fruits ye shall know them.
Jronjakoh

Post by Jronjakoh »

A while back there was an incident where here in the U.S. a 71 yr old man's home was broken into.

The BG litterally beat the old man so bad he could not see,and robbed him

As the BG was leaving the old man who could not see anything for the damages to his face ,crawled across the floor,managed to get his pistol and blindedly fired a shot into the air and hit he BG.

The BG after getting out of jail sued the old man,who was charged and in jail, and won the lawsuit.

The lawyer for the BG said the same thing. Criminals have rights too.
Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation. . James Madison.

What's in Your Wallet?

SEMPER PARATUS
Mark

Re: Burglars have rights too, says Attorney General

Post by Mark »

giving homeowners greater freedom when tackling burglars would lead to an "arms race" that would put them in greater danger.
Geeze! Does he think a burglar is going to say, "That guy has a shot gun. I want to steal his TV so I'll get an assault rifle." It just doesn't work that way.
Phast

Post by Phast »

criminals work off of the same principles as animals in most cases the preditor never wants to be injured and that's why they prey on the weak. these people hopefully will get a clue some day.
My world is the only one that counts
Buckshot

Post by Buckshot »

Whirlwind06 wrote:What is really hard to believe that this is the same country that what, about 60 years ago stood up to Nazi Germany! When every other European country had fallen. Or allied with Germany. Now in 2 generations they have become total sheep.
Whirlwind06,

You are evidently forgetting that it was their SECOND attempt to stand up to Hitler that worked.

Remember the "Peace in our Time" guy, Nevil Chamberlain or something like that, that made a deal with Hitler 1st time out of the box.

Buckshot
SFC Stu

Post by SFC Stu »

Jronjakoh wrote:A while back there was an incident where here in the U.S. a 71 yr old man's home was broken into.

The BG litterally beat the old man so bad he could not see,and robbed him

As the BG was leaving the old man who could not see anything for the damages to his face ,crawled across the floor,managed to get his pistol and blindedly fired a shot into the air and hit he BG.

The BG after getting out of jail sued the old man,who was charged and in jail, and won the lawsuit.

The lawyer for the BG said the same thing. Criminals have rights too.

Any Judge that would even consider letting this case go to trial, should have been publically horse whipped in front of the Court House!
SFC Stu