cap-in-trade, the last straw/nail required?

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pws

cap-in-trade, the last straw/nail required?

Post by pws »

It's hard to fathom what the morons truly expect to accomplish by further crippling our economy and whatever exports may remain by needlessly prematurely increasing the nation's energy costs while they discover that maybe it wasn't necessary, as normal market forces will force investment in areas most likely promising as oil prices naturally rise as world wide demand increases, not to mention that CO2 is neither a pollutant, nor substantially a contributer to global warming (if it's actually still warming, unlike the cooling during last 7-8 years), and as coal being the backbone of our current electric power plants can only be logically replaced through time with nuclear power plants, as they're the only viable alternative not subject to the whims of nature nor prohibitively expensive nor require massive battery banks as otherwise required to store power for when nature does not cooperate and yield substantially more truly caustic byproducts than carbon to produce and maintain, nor require someone to invent something not already known to justify.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_ ... imate_bill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Of course there's billions to be made brokering carbon credits by the new Enron's of the world; maybe it's this simple, being a way the financial industries can suck profit off the top of all's energy bills; as it serves no truly useful purpose otherwise, as best I can ascertain.)
BigV

Re: cap-in-trade, the last straw/nail required?

Post by BigV »

Does anyone really believe that all our energy needs will be satisfied with solar and wind power??
Look for the fuel you use to heat your home your electricity, gas for your car, grocery's to at least double or even triple in the coming years.
This bill is (according to the anointed one) will create millions of new jobs. I can only see millions lost in the coal, oil, transportation and many other industries.
BigV
BobK

Post by BobK »

BigV wrote:This bill is (according to the anointed one) will create millions of new jobs. I can only see millions lost in the coal, oil, transportation and many other industries.
Spain invested heavily in "green energy", so they have a track record. Spain has now concluded that for every job they created in the "green energy" sector, they lost 3.2 jobs in other sectors from the misallocation/malinvestment of resources and distorted pricing signals.
I am a: NRA Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association Life Member, Texas Firearms Coalition Gold member, OFCC Patron Member, former JFPO member (pre-SAF).

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ
More Obamination. Idiots. Can't we find an electable (R) for 2016?
Tither

Post by Tither »

I think the goal of energy independence is a good goal, and we should be looking to provide alternative sources as a natural progression, but this tax stiff is economical suicide! Both for our country and personally! It must be stopped!

We can do this without political pandering to a Special Interest group! Since when does a political party own this country! This is our country, not theirs, and they work for us! We are not to be subjects where they Nanny us into utopia. That is the way it is supposed to work.

Now if we can only get everyone to stand up and demand that this to be so, is going to be the problem! :lol: I hope we figure this out, before it is too late!

Contact our Senators!
http://voinovich.senate.gov/public/inde ... ontactForm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://brown.senate.gov/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." -- Patrick Henry
יזכר לא עד פעם
matthollycart

Post by matthollycart »

Cap and Trade and Carbon taxes have nothing to do with the environment, becoming energy independent, or creating jobs. It is all about control. The more things that can be taxed, the more control they have of everyone.
“Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.” William Penn
mikesommer

Post by mikesommer »

This whole green energy this is nothing but disaster. Wind and solar power are expensive, and only provide energy when nature provides what they need. Where are the media reports that explain how this energy is going to be stored? These new sources only provide at certain times, if it can't be stored then it only provides additional capacity part of the time. How is that going to help the problem as a whole, we will still need the power plants we currently have.

And yes, I agree with everyone that stated it will only make the US that much more noncompetitive.

Post by jabeatty »

Good WSJ article about growing skepticism toward the whole greenie approach
Steve Fielding recently asked the Obama administration to reassure him on the science of man-made global warming. When the administration proved unhelpful, Mr. Fielding decided to vote against climate-change legislation.

If you haven't heard of this politician, it's because he's a member of the Australian Senate. As the U.S. House of Representatives prepares to pass a climate-change bill, the Australian Parliament is preparing to kill its own country's carbon-emissions scheme. Why? A growing number of Australian politicians, scientists and citizens once again doubt the science of human-caused global warming.
--
Someone edited my signature and deleted my posts, and all I got was... this edited signature.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Universal Health Care is the last straw...you can't stop it once it gets rolling and it will grow like the dickens.

Cap and Trade is economic stupidity, but could be reversed. In this matter, BHO and McCain were in the same boat anyway, so we knew this one was coming no matter who won. But, it's just a tax cloaked in sheep's (Greens?) clothing.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
pws

Post by pws »

Sold, I tend to agree; with the likely minor exception that I'm not sure I'd call it a tax, as much as theft to create a slush-fund to provide artificial investment in industries which for the most part are otherwise inherently inviable, to provide a vehicle for financial gains before they're dumped as the facts become more apparent, along with brokering fees for carbon-credits skimmed off the top of course. (Although worst case, if these industries become considered too-critical-to-fail after the rest have been destroyed for the good of the people, then it's possibly a whole new ball game; or as once the mechanism is in place to siphon of billions, the funds may simply end up being redirected to whomever can conjure up the next big crisis and buy enough votes, who knows maybe even the health care industry.)
Last edited by pws on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phast

Post by Phast »

The House neared a decisive vote on sweeping climate-change legislation Friday afternoon — with Democratic leaders racing to corral votes on a bill that Republicans said they hadn’t even seen yet.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/06 ... JZhYIhd1&D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Representatives have not even been able to read the full bill, this looks alot like taxation without representation to me!
My world is the only one that counts
arracos

Post by arracos »

I'd like to know WHEN we can expect this "Open and transparent administration" to arrive. Hey, that's what the current resident of 1600 Penn. Ave promised when he ascended... well, was canonized... er, lied when taking the oath... uh was "inaugurated" earlier this year. Wasn't one of his "promises" that ALL legislation would be posted online and viewable to all for at least 10 (14?) days before any votes? Ok... where's my unicorn that should have been delivered and begun littering my .gov paid for lawn already?
Open question to the Obamatrons... So how's that CHANGE working for you?

Are you a Three Percenter?
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Cap & trade = we're pretty much done.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

It's a smart political move. They gambled, and they won, because they had and/or bought the votes. The good news is this legislation will move more money to the special friends and the under served. The bad news is the rest of us will pay for it.
pws

Post by pws »

The chief moron (wonder who's puppet he is):

'Mr. Gore, who shared a Nobel Peace Prize for his work on global warming, posted an appeal on his blog for passage of the legislation.

“This bill doesn’t solve every problem,” Mr. Gore said, “but passage today means that we build momentum for the debate coming up in the Senate and negotiations for the treaty talks in December which will put in place a global solution to the climate crisis. There is no backup plan.”'

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/27/us/po ... ml?_r=1&hp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Disregarding the facts as mere details:

'Mr. Gore has stated, regarding climate change, that “the science is in.” Well, he is absolutely right about that, except for one tiny thing. It is the biggest whopper ever sold to the public in the history of humankind.'

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/blog/2009 ... -accepted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(where do we find these boobs, and who promotes them giving them credibility ? they seem to be coming out of the woodwork)
Last edited by pws on Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbone

Post by mrbone »

pws wrote:It's hard to fathom what the morons truly expect to accomplish by further crippling...
I can fathom: money and power.

This is not the last nail. That's coming later this year with Bureaucrat Monopoly Healthcare.