Senate minority leader wants to work with D's on gun control

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Senate minority leader wants to work with D's on gun control

Post by M-Quigley »

The things I hear reported the most are universal background checks and restrictions on "Assault weapons." One Republican Senator said on TV that it's time "to make background checks mandatory for all commercial gun sales." (literal quote) :?:

I'm not sure why the politicians seem to think background checks are the answer to mass shooting when nearly all mass shooters either personally passed a check, or it was a straw purchase where someone else passed it instead (and this is already illegal)
EricTheBald

Re: Senate minority leader wants to work with D's on gun con

Post by EricTheBald »

One Republican Senator said on TV that it's time "to make background checks mandatory for all commercial gun sales".
So...
Nobody told him that they already are?
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

EricTheBald wrote:.
One Republican Senator said on TV that it's time "to make background checks mandatory for all commercial gun sales".
So...
Nobody told him that they already are?
Just go with it so they think they're doing something and they might stop there. Just don't ask for ID to purchase a gun, that's racist.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

Javelin Man wrote:
Just go with it so they think they're doing something and they might stop there. Just don't ask for ID to purchase a gun, that's racist.

Imagine how triggered they'd be if they knew the gun community has developed the practice of asking for a CCL before completing a private sale with someone they don't know.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

My money is on ERPOs / RED China FLAG laws
This cat seems to have checked a lot of "we shoulda known" boxes...so the squishes are going to jail a bunch of PTSD vets and continue the military purge in this nation.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

...our own Sen. Portman is named as one of the Dem conspirators. Any accuracy to this?

https://rumble.com/v16bplv-video-update ... -d.c..html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

about the 2:20 minute mark
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

bignflnut wrote:My money is on ERPOs / RED China FLAG laws
This cat seems to have checked a lot of "we shoulda known" boxes...so the squishes are going to jail a bunch of PTSD vets and continue the military purge in this nation.

And raising the age to purchase long guns (or at least semi auto long guns) to 21.... and maybe the prohibition on the sale of (and maybe possession of) body armor to civilians.