WW 1 and 2 weapons being used by both sides in Ukraine

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

WW 1 and 2 weapons being used by both sides in Ukraine

Post by M-Quigley »

These weapons are mainly being issued to militia and reserve units. Even bolt action rifles with scopes. They are still functional and both Russia and Ukraine still has lots of ammo for them, and they are still capable of killing people, mostly up close but sometimes from a great distance. I read one account of a Russian officer getting sniped at with a single round. IDK what gun was used but when he went down the other Russians with their modern AK's decided they had somewhere else to be at that moment. :roll:

https://youtu.be/yDd8NFftuXI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EricTheBald

Re: WW 1 and 2 weapons being used by both sides in Ukraine

Post by EricTheBald »

Judging by what an M1903 can do, I'd say those old weapons can be surprisingly effective.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
513resident

Re: WW 1 and 2 weapons being used by both sides in Ukraine

Post by 513resident »

The Mosin-Nagant is actually pre-World War One. IIRC the Mosin (and its 131 year old rimmed cartridge) has never been out of service and continues to see occasional use in conflicts around the globe. That's a pretty amazing resume.