The OFCC Facebook page has certainly gotten busier!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

The OFCC Facebook page has certainly gotten busier!

Post by Brian D. »

Not very surprising, obviously, given the new "permitless" carry law that has just been signed by the governor. Lots of questions being asked. Thanks to those of you from here who are overseeing it.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Klingon00

Re: The OFCC Facebook page has certainly gotten busier!

Post by Klingon00 »

I stopped using Facebook once it became clear to me how toxic a place it could be. Never felt better.
I also don't care to support a company who is actively spending lots of money on election offices around the country for what seems like shady reasons.

I do miss opportunities like joining in discussions on the OFCC page, so I'm glad there are people who are willing to do that for those who still use it.
For that I am thankful.

There are many people out there who will need information because while the requirement for training may be gone, the burden to follow the law is not.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Can't blame you. I use Facebook mostly to keep in touch with real life friends from other places.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Klingon00 wrote:I stopped using Facebook once it became clear to me how toxic a place it could be. Never felt better.
I also don't care to support a company who is actively spending lots of money on election offices around the country for what seems like shady reasons.

I do miss opportunities like joining in discussions on the OFCC page, so I'm glad there are people who are willing to do that for those who still use it.
For that I am thankful.

There are many people out there who will need information because while the requirement for training may be gone, the burden to follow the law is not.
I was on Facebook for about a month about ten years ago when my daughter's badgering got too much. I set it up so I could visit her site and set my page as completely private with no access from others. Facebook changed those settings twice. The first time, I changed them back. The second time, I deleted my account. I never posted anything on my page or gave more information than required to set up the account, but Facebook insisted that I had to let others access and post on my page. No good. Haven't been back since.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand