Hilliard: man carrying gun at school, seen when cheering

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Hilliard: man carrying gun at school, seen when cheering

Post by evan price »

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/crime ... 8c44b79cb5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A photo of the man, later identified as 37-year-old Dylan Gaunder of Johnstown, was posted to social media which showed him cheering on a match at the girls state wrestling tournament on Saturday with the gun in his pants.
Printing? No, full frontal.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Hilliard man carrying gun at school, seen when cheering

Post by Chuck »

HB 455
It needs passed

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legisl ... 134-HB-455" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Hilliard: man carrying gun at school, seen when cheerin

Post by Javelin Man »

One of my students wrestled there Saturday, she didn't make the podium.

Yes, the fool should have had the opportunity to be asked to leave without penalty. It would've been hard for him to miss the signs on the doors or not know the law concerning carrying a gun into a school.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Javelin Man wrote:signs on the doors or not know the law concerning carrying a gun into a school.
Absolute contender for WORST GUN LAW IN OHIO. We own that facility and we pay to operate it also. That ignorant law makes it the finest place to find unarmed victims in a large number… and children, at that.

Down with stupidity.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Sevens wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:signs on the doors or not know the law concerning carrying a gun into a school.
Absolute contender for WORST GUN LAW IN OHIO. We own that facility and we pay to operate it also. That ignorant law makes it the finest place to find unarmed victims in a large number… and children, at that.

Down with stupidity.
^^THIS^^
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

After seeing the video I had two thoughts:

1. This guy is braver than I am in how he carries. :roll: Not that I myself haven't done appendix carry, just not in the 12 o clock position.

2. Can anyone ID the handgun?
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:One of my students wrestled there Saturday, she didn't make the podium.

Yes, the fool should have had the opportunity to be asked to leave without penalty. It would've been hard for him to miss the signs on the doors or not know the law concerning carrying a gun into a school.
Totally agree with all of this, and particularly the "fool" part. :( I have never advised someone to break the law and not doing so now. While I think the current law is wrong, it should be changed, and I sympathize with those who want to see a relatives game but don't want themselves and their sons or daughters to be defenseless at the mercy of a mass murderer, particularly in a location that is a potential mass murderer magnet (thanks to the current law :( ) I think that IF someone is going to choose to ignore the law that they should have enough sense to be able to properly conceal it and not get carelessly caught.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Well

Most of them probably do.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote:After seeing the video I had two thoughts:

1. This guy is braver than I am in how he carries. :roll: Not that I myself haven't done appendix carry, just not in the 12 o clock position.

2. Can anyone ID the handgun?
Shield? Taurus? Ruger? Something like that in the 9mm single stack milieu.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
nu3gawhat
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by nu3gawhat »

S&W shield with mag extension, not sure of gen.
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

As CHL becomes more widespread the situational awareness, and intelligence of licensees will fall dramatically. I suspect most early licensees were "gun guys". By now we're into "average Joe" who gets it, but is in no way as gun-smart as the early adopters.

That Avoid carrying weapon where prohibited charge if leave on request bill makes complete sense.