girl rescued after using a special hand signal to someone

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

girl rescued after using a special hand signal to someone

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.wymt.com/2021/11/05/police- ... es-tiktok/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posted for the benefit of anyone who is NOT on Tik Tok, and who doesn't already know the signal. I will admit I didn't know it, but then I don't recall seeing anyone give me this hand signal yet either. The only hand signal a young person has given me recently was when I was behind a horse drawn flat bed wagon, and 2 little Amish children were hanging their legs off the back of it. We were stopped at a stop light, and the little boy made a hand gesture with his wrist and closed fist, like he was twisting a throttle. The adult up front couldn't see what he was doing. I was on a Harley, and the hand gesture is one where the person is asking you to rev the engine. I've occasionally had kids do this hand signal before, (like kids in the tail end of a school bus) but this was funny because it was an Amish child. :lol: Hopefully he won't go to hell for asking me to rev it up. :roll:
LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root announced the rescue of a missing girl from Asheville, North Carolina.

The girl was in a car going through a construction area north of London. The person that reported the vehicle to the police saw the girl making hand gestures made popular on TikTok.

The hand gestures are supposed to represent violence at home, “I need help” or domestic violence.

The person that called the police stayed with the vehicle and gave updates to officers.

When police stopped the vehicle, they identified the girl as a missing juvenile that was reported missing on Tuesday morning.

James Herbert Brick was arrested and charged with unlawful imprisonment and possession of a matter of sex performance by a minor (over 12 but under 18).
Bruenor

Re: girl rescued after using a special hand signal to someon

Post by Bruenor »

I would not have recognized that either, looks like something that was recently made up. I would have recognized the ASL sign for help.

Glad someone knew what it was and the girl was able to be rescued, and now I know the sign too.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Interesting. Pretty subtle, and likely not known by most people.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

How soon before a father, who is driving his teenage daughter who is angry at him for making her go to school, gets surrounded by cops with weapons drawn because they saw the special hand signal? And he spends a few hours in detention because they won't believe she's his daughter even though she quickly recants. And his car is impounded. And he gets docked pay at work or loses his job because of an arrest record. :shock: :? :roll:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

An update to this story says the hand gesture wasn't recognized. Still worth knowing, but it's not what saved her.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mi ... ar-AAQtaof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the caller now says that while he did see the teen making a hand gesture, he didn't recognize it but, instead, observed she was mouthing "help me."
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson