Shooting at Nationals game

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Shooting at Nationals game

Post by Javelin Man »

Could someone explain the reasoning why Saturday's game between Nationals and Padres was postponed (No big wonder there) but it was explained that there was a shooting outside the stadium, so everyone exit the stadium and go OUTSIDE where the shooter was. :shock: :!:

This made absolutely no sense to me. Don't stay inside the stadium where you're safe! :roll:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Shooting at Nationals game

Post by Sevens »

From what I saw, it first became an issue because the shots were outside but extremely close (3rd base line?) and for anyone near, it likely SOUNDED like live fire inside the park. In an effort to keep the panic inside to a minimum and keep people from trampling people, they showed on all the video screens that the shots were OUTSIDE the stadium and staying INSIDE the stadium for safety was the best plan.

Police responded, one of the persons involved in the shooting may have been a stadium employee, and the game was suspended and only after the scene was cleared were people exiting.

But perhaps I got that wrong. It is media reporting after all, and I wasn't there.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!