C&E gun shows in the last year

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

C&E gun shows in the last year

Post by M-Quigley »

I haven't been to any gun shows since Covid happened, but there's one scheduled in Dayton coming up. It used to be that at the Dayton gun shows at least that you could actually handle most of the guns for sale, but I didn't know if the gun show promoter or most dealers instituted new rules on that. Has anybody been to a gun show in Dayton or Cincy or Springfield in the past year? If so, how are they being conducted?
synack2

Re: C&E gun shows in the last year

Post by synack2 »

I was at the Springfield show a couple of weeks ago, and you could handle all the guns as normal. Everyone (except for a few) just wore a mask. Everything else was a normal gun show (except for the prices)
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

My experience with the Sharonville shows matches what synack2 stated. Months ago they did throw out and have the cops trespass a pair of adamant anti-mask folks.

Just don't go with the expectation of finding ammunition or firearms at non-inflated prices. It's a seller's market.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:My experience with the Sharonville shows matches what synack2 stated. Months ago they did throw out and have the cops trespass a pair of adamant anti-mask folks.

Just don't go with the expectation of finding ammunition or firearms at non-inflated prices. It's a seller's market.
Thanks for the info. The last few times I've gone, if I buy anything at all, it's usually some part or accessory or targets. The last time I bought ammo it was ammo I couldn't find at the stocking gun dealers and didn't want to order online, for calibers that's not as popular in the US as 9 and 45. With the current ammo shortage even those calibers may be inflated or hard to find now. :(