$600 stimulus check. What to do with it...?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

$600 stimulus check. What to do with it...?

Post by JU-87 »

I got a notice of a pending deposit in my account of $600 by the US Treasury on January 4th, 2021.

I'm fortunate. My family and I are healthy, and despite being off work on a shut-down for 2 months, I have NOT been financially harmed by Covid-19 (Contollavirous).

Politically I am against ANY so-called stimulus check, as we are borrowing this money from the future. (See usdebtclock.org ) .

That said, our elected employees in D.C. have sent me it. What to do with it...?

:)

I ordered AR500 body armor ,(http://www.ar500armor.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and I'm going to compete in the "Talladega 600" matches ( https://thecmp.org/cmp-matches/talladega-600/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) in about 2 weeks.

I was going to do the above ANYWAY, but now it's just added to the National Debt. :roll:

What will you do with your $600?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Brian D.

Re: $600 stimulus check. What to do with it...?

Post by Brian D. »

My check will come via snail mail, so not in a hurry to spend what isn't here yet. Was looking at a low miles used Glock model 45 this morning. I like the feel of their Gen5 pistols, no finger grooves. If it's still there in a few days, I'm a definite maybe.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techguy85

Post by techguy85 »

Brian D. wrote:My check will come via snail mail, so not in a hurry to spend what isn't here yet. Was looking at a low miles used Glock model 45 this morning. I like the feel of their Gen5 pistols, no finger grooves. If it's still there in a few days, I'm a definite maybe.
That Glock 45 is my normal every-day carry gun. I used to be a 19 guy but am surprised at how much the tiny little extra on the grip helps me shoot the gun better.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

buy 3D printer, burp out some guns.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Hadn't planned for that $$$ yet..
Short list of possibilities:
towards emergency fund
truck cap
towards a house project
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Debt reduction.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Already paid off my new trike with my consulting gig, so I'll add this to the kitchen renovation fund.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I got nothing, despite taking a pay cut and then being unemployed for the last quarter of 2020. Booo, big daddy gubment, boooo! I got nothing in the first go-round either.

But glad we're borrowing money from China to donate millions to gender studies in Pakistan.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

I used the $3600 total we received to payoff my car so now I owe no money to anyone. Being on social security and not in good health, that means a lot.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Lots of very good replies! I think debt reduction is the very best use for this.
I’m a big fan of Dave Ramsey, daveramsey.com, he is very entertaining, and a “get out of debt guy“. You could see his show on YouTube.

I used Dave Ramsey’s get out of debt plan. I have no debt. I mean, I don’t owe anybody anything!
I own my own home.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

When finances allowed, yep, got rid of all debt, except I don't think Duke Energy will allow me pay them off permanently.

********************************************************************************
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

Don't owe anyone?
What about taxes?
Try not paying the king his due and see how long you "own" your house. :(
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BEAR! wrote:Don't owe anyone?
What about taxes?
Try not paying the king his due and see how long you "own" your house. :(
Also true.

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

How many boxes of .45 acp can you currently buy with %600?
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

M-Quigley wrote:How many boxes of .45 acp can you currently buy with %600?
4 boxes 100 rounds each.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.