Elderly Woman Chooses Euthanasia Over Another Lockdown

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedAviator

Elderly Woman Chooses Euthanasia Over Another Lockdown

Post by ArmedAviator »

It's from Canadia, but the state of mental health world-wide is likely similar.
Across Canada, long-term care homes and retirement homes are seeing rising cases of COVID-19 and deaths yet again, a worrisome trend that is leading to more restrictions for the residents.

But these lockdowns are taking another toll among those who don’t get COVID-19.

Residents eat meals in their rooms, have activities and social gatherings cancelled, family visits curtailed or eliminated. Sometimes they are in isolation in their small rooms for days. These measures, aimed at saving lives, can sometimes be detrimental enough to the overall health of residents that they find themselves looking into other options.

Russell, described by her family as exceptionally social and spry, was one such person. Her family says she chose a medically-assisted death (MAID) after she declined so sharply during lockdown that she didn’t want to go through more isolation this winter.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Elderly Woman Chooses Euthanasia Over Another Lockdown

Post by Mr. Glock »

It’s an uncounted cost now, but will become evident later, after this passes. We arechoosing to save some at the unknown long term cost of many (economic opportunities, mental health, social community).

I’m not passing a value judgment here, just saying things are not quite so simple asour betters would like us to believe right now with their one liners about staying safe. We’ll all pay in ways we cannot predict...I just hope the cost is worth the benefit.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
skylinechiliboi

Post by skylinechiliboi »

Could you imagine this taking root here in the states?
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Have you heard of suicide? It's up wildly this year.

I'd ask if you've heard of mental illness, but we all agree there are atleast allegedly 81 million Americans with it.
TDwin
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Fixed that for you...
ArmedAviator wrote:Have you heard of suicide? It's up wildly this year.

I'd ask if you've heard of mental illness, but we all agree there are at least 81 million alleged Americans with it.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Thanks, WY_Not. Grammer and syntax matters.

"I'm eating Grandpa." vs. "I'm eating, Grandpa."
TDwin
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

:D
ArmedAviator wrote:Thanks, WY_Not. Grammer and syntax matters.

Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Spelling too. :wink:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

pirateguy191 wrote:

Spelling too. :wink:
I’d like to claim that was intentional, however I can not. I had typed that on my phone after 3 hours of sleep and while waiting to jump into a 737 MAX simulator to learn the nuances of the newly returned to service moody boi.
TDwin