What you all thinkin'

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

What you all thinkin'

Post by Gramps »

Yep, I have Southern roots but just wondering what you all are thinking is going to happen with our area and country in the next 6 months or so... Banks, food, ammo, healthcare, arrests, toilet paper, riots, gas and everything else?
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: What you all thinkin'

Post by WhyNot »

Yep, I have Southern roots but just wondering what you all are thinking is going to happen with our area and country in the next 6 months or so... Banks, food, ammo, healthcare, arrests, toilet paper, riots, gas and everything else?
I think there will be no regime change which will be the NEXT ''excuse'' to ferment/foment/voment chaos, riots,ritual sacrifice etc.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Make friends with stocks of what you don't have stocked and with skills that you lack. I have tons of ammo, some food and water stored, but little else. Now that I am unemployed come October, adding suppliesbor training seems unlikely.

I believe that in the next 6 months, with President Trump still in office, the hammer will drop on arrests, less-lethal shall turn to lethal, and whether or not that happens, riots will get more widespread and more deadly. I fully anticipate a small civil war will occur. If you think it's avoidable, I think you're a fool. The leftist media and representatives have been pushing for one with so much might.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

Let's see I'll be Capt Obvious here. So far in very few months we already have....

-Gov't not responding to the people (from the rioters, er people's perspective)

-Rioters, er, people declaring their areas are now separate from the traditional governed area. Complete with bunkers, barriers, signage, fencing in key areas, armed patrols in key sectors.

-GENERAL BREAKDOWN of the rule of law; local ''warlords'' er, gov officials promoting uprising(s) against the higher power; usual, traditional & necessary responses of all levels of LEO / 1st Resonders (i.e. MEdical) being RESTRICTED from responding

-various levels intervention of Federal officers AND SOME TROOPS armed/not armed

-Rioters, er, excuse me, ''protestors protesting'' with various types of force (Molotov gas bombs, large sticks, throwing rocks/bricks/heavy stones, firearms of every sort) up to and including MULTIPLE attempts at and SEVERAL successful uses of DEADLY force, numbered as an aggregate in the THOUSANDS...

-Shortages of necessary food stuffs, medicines etc. Yes even up to...TOTAL CLEARING at various times, leading to RATIONING, of...
1-ALL canned foods/ dry goods (veggies, fruits, canned meats, chili, tuna, sugar, flour, etc)...
2-OTC medicines ( tylenols, ibuprofen, aspirins, sanitizers, wet wipes, some bandages/ 1st Aid stuffs)
3-ABOUT ALL fresh meats, (hamburger, steaks etc including the cheaper cuts)
4- REPEAT ANY TWO OF THE ABOVE, AGAIN
-5- all above^^ in various geographical areas but NOT LESS than regional i.e. several cities, and, even sometimes state-wide OR FURTHER.

etc.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

WhyNot wrote:Let's see I'll be Capt Obvious here. So far in very few months we already have....

-Gov't not responding to the people (from the rioters, er people's perspective)

-Rioters, er, people declaring their areas are now separate from the traditional governed area. Complete with bunkers, barriers, signage, fencing in key areas, armed patrols in key sectors.

-GENERAL BREAKDOWN of the rule of law; local ''warlords'' er, gov officials promoting uprising(s) against the higher power; usual, traditional & necessary responses of all levels of LEO / 1st Resonders (i.e. MEdical) being RESTRICTED from responding

-various levels intervention of Federal officers AND SOME TROOPS armed/not armed

-Rioters, er, excuse me, ''protestors protesting'' with various types of force (Molotov gas bombs, large sticks, throwing rocks/bricks/heavy stones, firearms of every sort) up to and including MULTIPLE attempts at and SEVERAL successful uses of DEADLY force, numbered as an aggregate in the THOUSANDS...

-Shortages of necessary food stuffs, medicines etc. Yes even up to...TOTAL CLEARING at various times, leading to RATIONING, of...
1-ALL canned foods/ dry goods (veggies, fruits, canned meats, chili, tuna, sugar, flour, etc)...
2-OTC medicines ( tylenols, ibuprofen, aspirins, sanitizers, wet wipes, some bandages/ 1st Aid stuffs)
3-ABOUT ALL fresh meats, (hamburger, steaks etc including the cheaper cuts)
4- REPEAT ANY TWO OF THE ABOVE, AGAIN
-5- all above^^ in various geographical areas but NOT LESS than regional i.e. several cities, and, even sometimes state-wide OR FURTHER.

etc.
Also don't forget you're not allowed to open or atleast open up to capacity your business as you used to. Can't spend money for those needs if you can't make money.
TDwin
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Antifa's going to try to reach out into the suburbs. Hijinks ensue.

It won't go well for them.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Gramps wrote:Yep, I have Southern roots but just wondering what you all are thinking is going to happen with our area and country in the next 6 months or so... Banks, food, ammo, healthcare, arrests, toilet paper, riots, gas and everything else?
If you’re gonna predict some kinda civil war on par with the 1860s then I wouldn’t go following the example of your “southern roots” if I were you. Because...you know...they lost and all that.

Nor do I buy into the revisionary history that some peddle about the ante bellum south being some libertarian paradise. It wasn’t. The landed gentry treated EVERYONE they perceived as lesser than them like garbage.

Besides which...the modern day traitors who want to separate from the real USA are the antifa jack wagons. They are the ones who hate the union.

Predicting Armageddon is tough. Right now anything seems possible. Comparisons to the last civil war are easy to toss around but hard to fully explain. Well...maybe there is one easy parallel...the traitors who hate the union will again lose decisively and any sane/sober analyst will have seen it coming since day one.

Flame suit on. 8)
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I predict that in 6 months the election will still be contested even if it is legally settled. Look for ballots of unknown provenance to keep showing up in warehouses, semi trailers, Joe Biden's basement, Nancy's freezer, wherever.

I recommend heavy investment in barbed wire and ammunition.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

deanimator wrote:Antifa's going to try to reach out into the suburbs. Hijinks ensue.

You will be good on the 8 th floor,... they are lazy and snowflakes are not willing to climb that high. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

steves 50de wrote:
deanimator wrote:Antifa's going to try to reach out into the suburbs. Hijinks ensue.

You will be good on the 8 th floor,... they are lazy and snowflakes are not willing to climb that high. :lol:
Molotov cocktails do.
TDwin
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

ArmedAviator wrote:
steves 50de wrote:

Molotov cocktails do.
Fortunately, even Bigfoot can't throw a Molotov cocktail to max effective range of M193.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Marxist nephew disappointed that his Wife wont let him go out to Portland and join the peaceful Antifa protesters, and stand up to the violent right wing protesters that are causing all the problems. Asked about buying a firearm for protection now that he's moved into his new home in Chesterland (Nice low population rural community in Geauga County) thanks to his well paying project management job. He's convinced there will be trouble after the election.

That was a tough family visit, biting my tongue to not upset my wife. Glad it was a short one.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:He's convinced there will be trouble after the election.
AFTER???

I'm surprised he's aware enough to realize there IS an election.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

deanimator wrote:
Bruenor wrote:He's convinced there will be trouble after the election.
AFTER???

I'm surprised he's aware enough to realize there IS an election.
You hit the nail right on the head!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
skylinechiliboi

Post by skylinechiliboi »

Honestly, hoping for a Trump loss and his refusal to abdicate power. He'd further solidify his reputation as a permanent stain on American history. And not that I'm a fan of Pelosi... she can find a bridge to jump off of for all I'm concerned, but it sure would be funny to watch her send in a squad to forcibly evict him.