ohioccw.org last updated Feb16?!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

ohioccw.org last updated Feb16?!

Post by JU-87 »

Hi
Just wondering why the main page at ohioccw.org has not been updated since Feb 16, 2020.

Before that Aug., 2019...

What's up?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
JediSkipdogg

Re: ohioccw.org last updated Feb16?!

Post by JediSkipdogg »

It's hard to find people that want to regularly update it. And unfortunately, Covid kinda killed the Fun n Gun and possibly Party in the Park. Both are still up in the air pending venues.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

So, the PITP isn't officially cancelled yet?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:So, the PITP isn't officially cancelled yet?
I don't know that we could get everything together for it at this short notice now.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I think it looks bad .
How can we attract new people to OFCC when it appears that the main website looks abandoned?

I mean, is OFCC still a viable organization? I donate a small amount of money each month to pro-2A groups. Should I skip considering OFCC?

If you can't get ANYONE to volunteer, I'll give it a go. I can GUARANTEE that there would be "thought provoking" articals. :shock: :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

JU-87 wrote:I think it looks bad .
If you can't get ANYONE to volunteer, I'll give it a go. I can GUARANTEE that there would be "thought provoking" articals. :shock: :)
If you want to write articles, send me a PM and I'll send you my email address.
You send them to me and I'll post them to the front page.
That will get us started, and we can take it from there
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

pm sent!

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I submitted an article, a month ago, which the Board turned down.

I tried to help.

Meanwhile, the main site STILL has not been updated since February, 2020.

Is OFCC a viable organization?

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

JU-87 wrote:I submitted an article, a month ago, which the Board turned down.

I tried to help.

Meanwhile, the main site STILL has not been updated since February, 2020.

Is OFCC a viable organization?
It's always a struggle, but the forums are still plugging along. I rarely access the main site.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I check it every morning..it only takes a few minutes of my time..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

It's October 31, 2020, and the main website still has not been updated. :roll:

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

JU-87 wrote:It's October 31, 2020, and the main website still has not been updated. :roll:
Thanks for trying! The main site is embarrassing. I do believe that OFCC does good work at the statehouse, but I have found the effort to change or improve things to be very frustrating. It is what it is. I will continue to support OFCC, but it is no longer my sole interest regarding Ohio gun rights.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

OFCC has worked very hard over the years for our gun rights. They have done a great job. There is still work to be done. But I will say they did a good job for us. I think the mission has been accomplished. Thanks
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

It's December 2nd, 2020, and the main website still has not been updated. :roll:

skylinechiliboi

Post by skylinechiliboi »

Perhaps if we all banded together, we could get it updated in like another year or six!