Going to the BMV on a rainy morning was a good call!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Going to the BMV on a rainy morning was a good call!

Post by Brian D. »

Maybe the backlog jam has eased, but I'll give myself credit for picking today to renew my registration and driver's license. :mrgreen: Arrival to departure under 25 minutes. No appointment, walk in.

Last week that location looked like someone was giving away $100 bills.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Going to the BMV on a rainy morning was a good call!

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Maybe the backlog jam has eased, but I'll give myself credit for picking today to renew my registration and driver's license. :mrgreen: Arrival to departure under 25 minutes. No appointment, walk in.

Last week that location looked like someone was giving away $100 bills.
I went early last week. I used the online system to get a place in line. The website was showing a 28 minute wait and my drive took about 25 minutes. I got there and was next in line for renewing my d/l. The girl directing traffic at the door must have been very good at Tetris when she was younger as she managed to get people inside with social distancing with ease.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

My plate renewal by mail finally showed up 2 days before my birthday.. I mailed it out on May 3rd, and it showed up on June 22nd.. I was beginning to wonder if it had gotten lost in the mail, or if I had somehow forgotten to mail it.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

schmieg wrote: I went early last week. I used the online system to get a place in line. The website was showing a 28 minute wait and my drive took about 25 minutes. I got there and was next in line for renewing my d/l. The girl directing traffic at the door must have been very good at Tetris when she was younger as she managed to get people inside with social distancing with ease.
If it's not like giving away a good fishing spot, mind sharing which bureau you went to?

********************************************************************************
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:
schmieg wrote: I went early last week. I used the online system to get a place in line. The website was showing a 28 minute wait and my drive took about 25 minutes. I got there and was next in line for renewing my d/l. The girl directing traffic at the door must have been very good at Tetris when she was younger as she managed to get people inside with social distancing with ease.
If it's not like giving away a good fishing spot, mind sharing which bureau you went to?
I go to the Milford office. It's usually less crowded than the Hamilton County ones and it's close to my barber shop.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

As a funny/not funny follow up, now that I've got my got my new driver's license (took nine days via mail), with that and the CHL it's back to filling out the Form 4473 and taking a purchased gun right outta the shop, right?

If there were any guns in stock to buy...equal parts :roll: and :lol: these days, you know?

jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Brian D. wrote:As a funny/not funny follow up, now that I've got my got my new driver's license (took nine days via mail), with that and the CHL it's back to filling out the Form 4473 and taking a purchased gun right outta the shop, right?

If there were any guns in stock to buy...equal parts :roll: and :lol: these days, you know?

There's a nice HK45C tactical with an LEM trigger group at a certain shop :lol:
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction