OMG This assault rifle needs to be banned!

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AlanM

OMG This assault rifle needs to be banned!

Post by AlanM »

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: OMG This assault rifle needs to be banned!

Post by Mr. Glock »

Well done!
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I so need to show up at the next turkey shoot with one of those.. Heads will explode. Now I'm regretting selling that extra flint lock I had.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Bruenor wrote:I so need to show up at the next turkey shoot with one of those.. Heads will explode. Now I'm regretting selling that extra flint lock I had.
It's a cap and ball muzzle loaded rifle not a flintlock, however a flintlock would really be amusing to own.

Interestingly that "assault rifle" can be purchased mail order and shipped directly to your house, no NICS check, no FFL needed. :lol:
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

AlanM wrote:
Bruenor wrote:I so need to show up at the next turkey shoot with one of those.. Heads will explode. Now I'm regretting selling that extra flint lock I had.
It's a cap and ball muzzle loaded rifle not a flintlock, however a flintlock would really be amusing to own.

Interestingly that "assault rifle" can be purchased mail order and shipped directly to your house, no NICS check, no FFL needed. :lol:
Yeah I know that is a cap and ball rifle, I just figured If I was going to do it, I'd up it to a flintlock, and that's what i just got rid of...
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

My ignorance of muzzle loaders is evident.
That "assault rifle" is more accurately called a caplock rifle when compared to a flintlock rifle.

From Wikipedia:
The caplock mechanism, percussion lock, or cap and ball was the successor of the flintlock mechanism in firearm technology, and used a percussion cap struck by the hammer to set off the main charge, rather than using a piece of flint to strike a steel frizzen.
AlanM