Patron Membership

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Patron Membership

Post by techmike »

I upgraded a while back, received a new membership card, Chuck changed my forum badge, never received the coin. Are these available?
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Patron Membership

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I received one in a letter envelope with no return address...I’m shocked it made it through the mail..just a suggestion...need a more sturdy envelope..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I received one in a letter envelope with no return address...I’m shocked it made it through the mail..just a suggestion...need a more sturdy envelope..
Thanks Carmen - I maintain sorting machines at the USPS, and hard objects - keys, coins, medallions, flash drives etc - do not stay in a regular envelope. They are forcefully ejected during their 9mph trip through the machines.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

techmike wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:I received one in a letter envelope with no return address...I’m shocked it made it through the mail..just a suggestion...need a more sturdy envelope..
Thanks Carmen - I maintain sorting machines at the USPS, and hard objects - keys, coins, medallions, flash drives etc - do not stay in a regular envelope. They are forcefully ejected during their 9mph trip through the machines.
Techmike, I let the coordinators know you didn't get your coin, they are going to look into it.

As to the method of mailing, the sender's address is embossed on the back flap of every envelope, and the envelopes are marked by the USPO to be hand stamped, not run through the machine.
Yes, the coins are just taped to a piece of paper in the envelope. In hindsight, we probably should have typed a nice letter and printed it and taped the coin to it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Just my 2 cents...coin should be taped to a thin hard cover...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I was a bit surprised that it made it through the mail, but it was stamped „Non Machinable“
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

sodbuster95 wrote:Got mine in the mail yesterday. I was a bit surprised that it made it through the mail, but it was stamped „Non Machinable“
I got the same envelope. I made sure to use a letter opener instead of my Bridgeport :lol:
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

JustaShooter wrote: Techmike, I let the coordinators know you didn't get your coin, they are going to look into it.

As to the method of mailing, the sender's address is embossed on the back flap of every envelope, and the envelopes are marked by the USPO to be hand stamped, not run through the machine.
Yes, the coins are just taped to a piece of paper in the envelope. In hindsight, we probably should have typed a nice letter and printed it and taped the coin to it.
Thanks!
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Just an aside about mailing rigid articles in First Class envelopes: Please don't. Many do not make it to the destination. You can pay a surcharge for Non-Machinable, but my experience says there is no guarantee it won't be chucked into the normal mail flow. Not because people don't care, a large and growing number of postal employees are new, temp employees and under-trained. One also must consider where your mail normally is routed. In NW Ohio everything is collected, trucked up to Pontiac Michigan, run through at least 1 machine there. If the mail piece is coming back to NW Ohio, it is then trucked to Detroit and run through another machine, (usually sits there for 2 to 3 days), then trucked back to Toledo where it is run through one of our machines (twice) then dispatched to local Post Offices for Carrier distribution.
Due to the way the machines are designed, your 1st Class letter passes through many pinch rollers, is squeezed by belts and diverted into a stacker module bin, all at 9MPH. Anything loose & rigid in a normal weight envelope usually escapes or jams and we clean it out of the machine each day during maintenance. The picture is of items either placed in collection boxes or was in envelopes. We have no way to match up loose articles with envelopes. You would not believe how many thumb drives are harvested by the sorting machines. About 10-12 years ago, there was some company that advertised to pay you for your unwanted gold jewellery. They would send you a kit, you put your gold in the envelope and send it off. We were daily scooping up rings, necklaces etc bouncing around in the machines.

Short video of a DBCS sorting machine running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7xJ-mW ... e=youtu.be
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Received my coin, thanks to whoever took care of it!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

techmike wrote:Received my coin, thanks to whoever took care of it!
Sorry it took so long to get it to you.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!