Party in the Park

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Party in the Park

Post by WestonDon »

I see that reservations are closed for PITP. Can someone in OFCC leadership confirm the status of the event? I assume the choices are either cancelled or TBD? I ask because I want to make up and distribute some flyers promoting the event.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Party in the Park

Post by Mustang380gal »

Stand by-- it's under consideration.

Will update as soon as we know something. It may not be until we know what the state will be allowing by then.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Freedom to Assemble!

Learn it. Live it. Love it.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

bignflnut wrote:Freedom to Assemble!

Went to an outdoor funeral today that was clearly visible from US23. After reading about what happened in Amish country, it would not have surprised me if law enforcement showed up. We did have seven guys with M1s for protection.
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

If the park has the restrooms bolted shut, that may be a bit uncomfortable for attendees. (In the last week of March, Mohican State Park had trails open, but outhouses were bolted shut. How stupid is that?!)

Believe me, I would love to assemble.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Choose your battles wisely, my friend.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
machinegunkelly

Post by machinegunkelly »

The battle should have been fought in June of 1934. Again in 1968 and again in 1986. How far down the road do you want to kick the can ?
MGK
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The PITP venue is called Liberty Park, which was kind of ironic the first few times we met there. They had gunbuster signs on the restrooms long after that practice became unlawful.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

WestonDon wrote: Choose your battles wisely, my friend.
One cannot cause one's employer to reopen and conduct commerce.
One cannot cause one's church to open and conduct services.
One cannot cause one's BMV to open and unnecessarily burden him.

What one CAN do is organize and assemble with like minded people.
Let them come to the park and attempt to enforce this ridiculousness.

Wear a mask. Keep a bit of distance. Use some PVC, tarps and a bucket to create your own outhouse. (Don't forget the toilet paper & hand sanitizer.)

Much of this is self-inflicted and enforcement has not been necessary.

That should stop.

We should contact our local badges and let them know where we stand, where we expect them to uphold our Rights, where we will support them in future endeavors. Let's make some friends in this time of chaos. Let's forge some relationships via conversations.

What does "land of the free and the home of the brave" mean if we all decide to stay home?

Exercising one's Negative Rights is not to engage in battle, unless a tyrant escalates to that point.

I'm confident that among the 88 counties in Ohio, one can be found where local badge wearers will leave peaceful, respectful people alone, particularly if in an election year.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Sheriff Mack on speaking to Sheriffs and resisting this insanity.

AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Brian D. wrote:The PITP venue is called Liberty Park, which was kind of ironic the first few times we met there. They had gunbuster signs on the restrooms long after that practice became unlawful.
And I know who removed that sign. It was screwed to the bulletin board between the entrances.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

bignflnut wrote:
WestonDon wrote: Choose your battles wisely, my friend.
One cannot cause one's employer to reopen and conduct commerce.
One cannot cause one's church to open and conduct services.
One cannot cause one's BMV to open and unnecessarily burden him.

What one CAN do is organize and assemble with like minded people.
Let them come to the park and attempt to enforce this ridiculousness.

Wear a mask. Keep a bit of distance. Use some PVC, tarps and a bucket to create your own outhouse. (Don't forget the toilet paper & hand sanitizer.)

Much of this is self-inflicted and enforcement has not been necessary.

That should stop.

We should contact our local badges and let them know where we stand, where we expect them to uphold our Rights, where we will support them in future endeavors. Let's make some friends in this time of chaos. Let's forge some relationships via conversations.

What does "land of the free and the home of the brave" mean if we all decide to stay home?

Exercising one's Negative Rights is not to engage in battle, unless a tyrant escalates to that point.

I'm confident that among the 88 counties in Ohio, one can be found where local badge wearers will leave peaceful, respectful people alone, particularly if in an election year.
And while a great idea, one has to pick their battles wisely. Do we want to be known as the group that defies state orders? The politicians aren't pushing to override anything so they all side with Dewine. How much political capital would we burn if we went against Governor's mandates? Could we lose the park for future years? And if so, don't say we will find somewhere else, we've tried, and it's either not cost effective, not centrally located, or not convenient in other means, hence why we stay at the same place year after year.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I think you skipped this part...

A mother is arrested in Idaho for going to the park. Are we less brave than she?

I suggest being respectful and honorable in the way that we do it, similar to this letter.

At the moment we're all deemed sick until proven healthy. Shall we not engage this injustice with a peaceful assembly?

You asked if we wanted to be known as the group who defies state orders. I'll ask if you want to the known as the group who reflexively complies with state orders.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Two California doctors put it all out there...

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

bignflnut wrote:Two California doctors put it all out there...
Those two doctors make a singular error in extrapolating the test results from a restricted pool of individuals *who were only allowed to be tested since they had enough symptoms to qualify for testing* to the population at large, then base their entire premise on that error. You simply cannot do that and derive useful results, so as their basis is flawed, so are their conclusions.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!