Wearing MAGA hat in a Union factory...

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Wearing MAGA hat in a Union factory...

Post by JU-87 »

So...
I am LONG tired of the current liberal manufactured "stigma" of wearing a MAGA hat in support of President Trump. Some people have been verbally or physically attacked for doing so.

So I just started wearing one at work, and another outside work. :D

I work in a large automotive factory with a hourly plant population of 920 people, on three shifts. We are a Union shop, represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW).
It is generally a "left wing" environment, except when I'm there.

On Tuesday, 2/11/20 I started wearing this hat: https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/ ... sident-hat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . It is super bright red, and can be seen about 100 yards away!

I think all my coworkers were surprised. :wink: What surprised me was that feedback/comments have been overwhelmingly POSITIVE.
Two communists walked past me , without making eye contact, and had a sad frown on... LOL!

My UAW committeeman walked past me, no eye contact, and replied to my greeting with the same.

This really should NOT be a revolutionary act. But it is.

A (reserved) Trump supporter told me: " You sure have big (backbone, etc.) wearing that here!" :lol:

I wear this one outside work: https://rightwinggear.com/collections/t ... ag-hat-red" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I like this one better, but the one from Trumps campaign is brighter, and more "in your face!"

I will post any updates.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Wearing MAGA hat in a Union factory...

Post by Cruiser »

I have several Trump ball caps wear them most everywhere and have never had a negative comment. But then I live in rural Mercer County.
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

I'm in Cuyahoga county. Cleveland .
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I'll start wearing mine closer to November.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

I want one that has Reagan 80, Clinton 92 and Trump 16 on the back.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

On Friday 2/14/20: I got two compliments before I left the Men's locker room in the morning.

While in the lunch line at the cafeteria, the Chaplain ( who is a Pipefitter, until someone needs religion) asked: "Any comments on your hat?"
I replied "yes, about a dozen, all positive."
He said "Well, I guess that's the silent majority."

I think he nailed it. :)

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Reaction has been overwhelmingly positive. 23+ compliments.

I'm enjoying teaching the Trump haters "tolerance"... :lol: