man charged after ND into leg

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

man charged after ND into leg

Post by Bruenor »

Curious what he was charged with.. unfortunately the details are rather non-existant as usual.
https://www.cleveland.com/community/202 ... otter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Weapons offense: Memphis Avenue

On Dec. 28, police were dispatched to a Memphis Avenue location after a Cleveland resident reported that he had accidentally shot himself in the leg.

An arriving officer talked to the man, who said that while getting into his vehicle on Rockland Drive, he was unloading his gun when he accidentally discharged one round into his calf.

The officer seized the gun. The man, who was taken to the hospital, was cited for a weapons offense.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: man charged after ND into leg

Post by steves 50de »

Bruenor wrote:Curious what he was charged with.. unfortunately the details are rather non-existant as usual.
https://www.cleveland.com/community/202 ... otter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Dec. 28, police were dispatched to a Memphis Avenue location after a Cleveland resident reported that he had accidentally shot himself in the leg.

An arriving officer talked to the man, who said that while getting into his vehicle on Rockland Drive, he was unloading his gun when he accidentally discharged one round into his calf.

The officer seized the gun. The man, who was taken to the hospital, was cited for a weapons offense.
Illegal discharge in city limits,... my guess.
Black Rifles Matter
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

steves 50de wrote:
Bruenor wrote:Curious what he was charged with.. unfortunately the details are rather non-existant as usual.

Illegal discharge in city limits,... my guess.
That's what I was thinking too.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

This is my problem with stupid paper charges or process crimes...
This guy injured only himself, violated his own rights, if you will...
Where is the criminal imposition on the rights of someone else? Whose Rights were violated? The city's? Miss me with that.

The dude called the cops himself!! Self-incrimination?

Does anyone believe this is "justice" being done? Does anyone believe that the community is served by legally punishing this guy?

This is "public safety" run amok where this guy shoots himself, calls the cops himself, and doesn't harm anyone, yet now, he will live under some disability (not a free man) in perpetuity.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Depends on the charge. If they're really charging him with illegal discharge that'd be pretty bogus given he shot himself. But maybe when they showed up they ran his name and found previous convictions and they're charging him with felon in possession. Different story, IMO.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I was able to find the original police report. there were no charges or details listed on it, there was someone else with him at the time.
I was unable to find anything in the court records under his name, probably looking at the wrong courts. tried Mayors court and cuyahoga county court.
So still not sure.

so you don't believe it was : 2923.16. Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

Bruenor wrote:so you don't believe it was : 2923.16. Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
It might've been, but it might've been something else. There's not enough information for me to be certain. What I'm saying is that my opinion on whether the decision to charge him after he shot himself will depend on what he was charged with.
welshj

Post by welshj »

And in total contrast-
A recent self inflicted shooting in adrian.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lencon ... ate=ampart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No charges, and no holster pocket carry. Smh.
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)