Memorial Day

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Memorial Day

Post by Gramps »

How many of us went to a ceremony, visited the grave or graves of Vets, observed the minute of silence at 3PM today for our nations day of remembrance for the ones who served and the ones sacrificed their lives for our country?

Today my 13 year old grand daughter and I went to the DeGraff cemetery ceremony which was one of the best I have ever been to. 100+ people or so were in attendance from this small town. We Loved it even with semi working PA system there was a ton of honor for our current, past and fallen Vets...

Yesterday and today I visited the graves of my father (Korea), his brother, my uncle (Korea), his great friend Bill (WWII) and Bill's son David (lost his life in Nam1968) and my Grandfather (WWII)all in the DeGraff cemetery.

I had lunch with an 88 yr old Vet who has been my GREAT friend for about 18 years and my cousin, one of my Veteran uncle girls, and of course my grand daughter who knows what and why we are honoring our Vets today..

Remember our brave...Teach our young about our brave who have died and the ones who will die defending our country and our rights...

We also spent some time with a telescope on a back road watching a pair of nesting eagles we spotted a month or so ago!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Memorial Day

Post by Javelin Man »

I am a high school band director so my Memorial Day mornings are filled with a parade and ceremony and getting the trumpet players to properly play Taps. I have a very good rapport with the local American Legion and we look forward to working with each other.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Javelin Man wrote:I am a high school band director so my Memorial Day mornings are filled with a parade and ceremony and getting the trumpet players to properly play Taps. I have a very good rapport with the local American Legion and we look forward to working with each other.
Thank you Javelin Man !
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *
djmac1964
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by djmac1964 »

I had the honor to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at our campground. Was ask to put together a firing team from our shooting club for the ceremony. Was a little hesitant since I have been out of the service for so long, but it came out rather well for a bunch of rusty old veterans I thought, baring a couple of mistakes that I made during the ceremony. Coordinated with one of our members, who is a Knights Templar, and they were able to provide a color guard for the ceremony.

It's about a 5 min video.
https://www.facebook.com/10001395055655 ... 912482288/
Don M
U S Army Veteran 84-91
OFCC Patron Member
NRA Life Member
ORPA Member
WVCDL Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor / RSO

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Very nice ceremony. Thank you!
Gramps

* TRUMP 2020 *